Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

The Hula Girls - The Fabulous Nomads - Billy Falcon and the Wildkats at The Tiki Bar 1/13/12

Pages: 1 15 replies

We are playing a benefit, this Friday night, supporting Lapu Rocker's mom's fight against her cancer. Come see some amazing bands and support a great cause.

Miss Dinah and Miss Audry are going to be dancing with us as well!

Tiki Bar
1700 Placentia Avenue
Costa Mesa, CA 92627

Spike
http://www.facebook.com/thehulagirls
http://www.myspace.com/thehulagirlsband

[ Edited by: Luckydesigns 2012-01-10 16:26 ]

[ Edited by: luckydesigns 2012-01-10 21:58 ]

The Hula Girls - The Fabulous Nomads - Billy Falcon and the Wildkats at The Tiki Bar 2/13/12

Spike!!

1/13/12 not 2/13/12.

Dyslexia kickin in again......

See ya next month!

Gonna try to be there.
Just wish that the Tiki Bar still had the decor it had in the 90s.
;-/

Jeff(btd)

UGH.... thanks again, Ben

On 2012-01-10 21:59, Luckydesigns wrote:
UGH.... thanks again, Ben

No worries Spike!

You gotta lot go'in on!!

Keep it go'in!!!

J

Spike,

What time are you expected to go on ??

We go on at about 9:30, John-o!

TM

That's too bad about lapu's mom. He is the coolest, nicest guy! I hope everything goes well, and you are a good friend for doing this for him! Have a great show!

Thanks, Mick. Yeah, it's a bummer, for sure.
Hopefully we can raise some money to help out a little bit tonight!

J

Great cause !!

Great set !!

I really like hearing the new songs like "Mai Kai Mystery Girl" and "Suffering Bastard", as well as the covers of Hapa Haole and Rockabilly classics.

And a sexy new Hula GIRL too. :) She did a great job.

I think it took the non-Tiki audience a little while to figure out the music but by the end people were screaming for more and more encores. It looked like Christian wanted to pass out at the end, upright bass playing is hard work I'm sure. That Doug, he gets to sit down.

That was my first time visiting the Tiki Bar. I think they should change the name to the "Un-Tiki Bar" or maybe the "Tiki Bar (NOT)". Ha, ha. They did did mix a pretty stiff $7 Manhattan and the space is well set up for live music.

I have a request... Next time play WITH Slacktone and not at the same time. :D I was however happy with the difficult choice I was forced to make.

On 2012-01-14 09:52, JOHN-O wrote:
That was my first time visiting the Tiki Bar. I think they should change the name to the "Un-Tiki Bar" or maybe the "Tiki Bar (NOT)". Ha, ha.

I wonder if the name is one of those ironic contradictory names? Kind of like a small guy with a nickname Big Bill or Tiny Listor or Holy Jim's nicknames.

I wish the decor was like it used to be in the late 90's early 2000s,
basically a punk dive bar, painted to look like a tiki bar.
except for the Huge cool tiki above the entry way.

Does anybody have any pics of how it used to look?

Jeff(btd)

Only in my head, Jeff.....

me too,
;-/

Jeff(btd)

Wasn't expecting much of a 'tiki' crowd for this event, but it was GREAT to see John-O come out and support a great cause for someone who he didn't know. Such a great guy. Thanks, John-O.

Pages: 1 15 replies