Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Dr. Zarkov’s Tiki Lounge Playlist: 1-11-12

Pages: 1 0 replies

Dr. Zarkov’s Tiki Lounge Playlist: January 11, 2012

On this week’s show we marked the birthday of my beloved and beautiful wife, Elinor. Dr. Zarkov’s Tiki Lounge is broadcast on Wednesdays, 5-6 pm EDT at: http://www.radiofairfax.org The show is broadcast live; no recorded shows are archived. Some fans record it on their computers to listen to later. Radio Fairfax also can be heard on Tune In Radio at tunein.com, and streamed on smartphones by downloading the Tunein app. It can be streamed on Roku and Google TV at: http://tinyurl.com/3uqfsz9

1. “Pua Kukui” by The Brothers Cazimero from their CD: Destiny [Composed by Mekia Kealaka’i/Ref: catching lover with a lariat: in Hawaiian. Featuring Robert Cazimero on Bass & Vocals and Roland Cazimero on 12-String Acoustic Guitar & Vocals.

2. “Ain't That a Kick in the Head” the 1960 recording by Dean Martin from The Capitol Collectors Series compilation, composed by Sammy Kahn & Jimmy Van Heusen for the 1960 movie: Ocean’s 11, featuring Nelson Riddle & Orchestra.

3. “I've Found a New Baby” the 1940 recording of the 1926 song by Jack Palmer & Spencer Williams, performed by the Pied Pipers and Tommy Dorsey & His Orchestra, taken from the collection: Bunny Berigan -- The Pied Piper, 1934-1940 and featuring Bunny Berrigan on Trumpet & Buddy Rich on Drums.

4. “I've Got a Feeling I'm Falling” The 1950 recording by Mel Torme on the anthology: Love Me or Leave Me, his version of the 1929 song by Fats Waller, Harry Link and Billy Rose.

5. “No Na Mamo” by Taj Mahal and the Hula Blues Band from their 1998 CD: Sacred Island.

6. “I'm Confessin' (That I Love You)” The 1978 version on the collection: Oscar Peterson -- Perfect Peterson [DISC ONE] featuring Count Basie on Piano, John Heard on Bass & Louis Bellson on Drums. The 1930 song was composed by Doc Daugherty, Ellis Reynolds & Al J. Neiberg.

7. “Isn't It a Pity?” Shirley Horn from her 1992 CD: Here’s to Life. The song written by George & Ira Gershwin for the 1933 Broadway musical: Pardon My English. Produced & Arranged by Johnny Mandel. With Shirley Horn on Vocals & Piano; Charles Ables on Bass; and Steve Williams on Drums.

8. “You're My Everything” the 1932 recording by Russ Columbo from the collection: The Complete Studio Recordings [DISC ONE] of the 1931 song by Harry Warren, Mort Dixon and Joe Young from the Broadway Musical: The Laugh Parade.

9. “I've Never Been in Love Before” the 1954 recording by Art Farmer from the CD: Early Art, featuring Wynton Kelly on Piano; Addison Farmer on Bass; and Herbie Louvelle on Drums. Composed by Frank Loesser/From the 1950 Broadway Musical: Guys and Dolls.

10. “Unchained Melody” by Les Baxter Orchestra & Chorus, from the collection: Tamboo & Skins. By Alex North, with lyrics by Hy Zaret, from the 1955 prison movie: Unchained.

11. “Fever” the 1956 hit from the anthology: Fever: The Best of Little Willie John, the song by Eddie Cooley & John Davenport that later became a big hit for Peggy Lee.

12. “Down for Double” the song by Freddie Green, Dave Lambert & Jon Hendricks, performed by Lambert, Hendricks & Ross from their 1957 LP: Sing a Song of Basie, featuring Nat Pierce on Piano and Sonny Payne on Drums.

13. “Your Molecular Structure” by Mose Allison from the collection: The Sage of Tippo [DISC TWO] originally on his 1968 LP: I’ve Been Doin’ Some Thinkin’, featuring Red Mitchell on Bass and Bill Goodwin on Drums.

14. “My One and Only Love” The 1952 song by Guy Wood & Robert Mellin, made famous by Frank Sinatra, performed here by the tenor saxophonist Ron Holloway from his 1993 CD, Slanted, recorded in Rockville, MD, and featuring Paul Bollenbeck on Electric Guitar, Tommy Cecil on Bass and Lenny Robinson on Drums.

Pages: 1 0 replies