Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Chiki Tiki Diablo Tiki Pole

Pages: 1 22 replies

Just wanted to share a photo that ChikiTiki sent me of a 6 foot pole he recently carved:

That be REAL nice!
What's with that guy's face being blocked out? Is he on parole and not allowed to associate with carved wooden idols?
Aloha,
:tiki:

Who is that maksed man? (nice tiki chiki!)

That's hotter than a Carolina sidewalk. How much?

The jig is up! On the lam(sp?) from johnnie-law for a year now. Anyways...... The guy is a client of mine and was having a bad hair day,so I covered his face. Joking. Privacy thing and all. Thanks for the props on the tiki(a different style I'm working on). Bk He's gone to a good home already.

E

On 2003-06-12 10:36, thechikitiki wrote:
The guy is a client of mine and was having a bad hair day,so I covered his face. Joking. Privacy thing and all.

You can tell us the truth. It's Jimmy Buffett, isn't it? :)

Chiki, I love that tiki! Very cool style, I'd love to see more. I can't wait until I'm down there and I can start spending all my disposable income on you guys.

T

Wow, just 2 words to describe that: Gorge-Us! I'm curious, what's a pole like that go for so I can start saving? Are prices different if you carve it and sell it afterwards as opposed to a commissioned work? Absolutely beautiful work.

No kidding Tiki-bot!

I'd like to know a round-about figure of what that would cost. I prefer a minimum of a 3 foot tiki, but the 5, 6, and 7 footers are what I really like.

T

prob. no less than 300

T

do I hear 375?

T

SOLD, at . . .

T

sorry for that, beautiful work chikitiki

I wouldn't draw one on paper that size for 375.00.

I Like It!!!!

WOW!! I'm not even close to that good. Much cool Chiki!!

what kind of wood is that and where does one get a log like that.

Monkeyman

Chiki- beautiful work, as always! Is that palm that has been stained? The wood looks too smooth for palm. Great work. How tall is the guy from thw Witness Protection Agency?

B

That is one badass Tiki Chiki!

Thanks peeps for the props. A tiki like this sells for an everyday low price of $125 per foot. I carved it out of seasoned palmwood and stained it with some smelly minwax(early american). Then finished it off with Man o' War satin varnish. If you need a log like this, just tip you're local tree trimmer and throw in some Bohemia beers. The owner was 5' something and the tiki is 6'. The tiki is not high detail, but I focused on the basic form , lot's of curves and arcs. I wanted to keep this one.

Chiki~

Is the owner a member of TC? Ask him to come on over or share some pictures of his other pieces in his collection if he has any.

Chiki, nice carving, I wish I had your cell phone number the other day. I was walking by the courthouse to go to lunch, and the were removing one of the giant fan palms. It must have been at least 50 ft high and 3'wide at the base. They were just grinding chunks of it up! By the time I finished lunch that beauty was nothing but dust. I was disturbed all day, just thinking about it.

Cheers,

KT

G
GECKO posted on Tue, Jun 17, 2003 9:25 AM

VERY NICE!! Chiki, thanks for sharin the info on the finish. I like my dark browns but dats a nice color to. See you at Tiki Ti tomorrow.

JungleTrader I gave Al my number, he said you were trying to get a hold of me. Call Al up.

shoots

Pages: 1 22 replies