Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Bob's Oasis Report - Whata Blast ! ! !

Pages: 1 1 replies

T

This was originally posted to the Discussion Forum Board.

Aloha to all. First I would like to introduce myself. My name is Tiki Bob and I have been involved in Tiki and Exotica since 1993.

I became inactive after signing up for the Yahoo list when it was first started. My name there was Tiki_Bob and maybe some of you remember some of my posts there in the early days. Specifically, my detailing about the Kahiki Bon Voyage party in August of 2000.

I became aware of the split off of Tiki Central Yahoo to this forum while at the Tiki Oasis 2002 in Palm Springs this past weekend. Representatives of this list were there in abundance! And what great folks I met!

The event was one of the best Tiki Events that I have attended in the last 8 or so years.

The Caliente Tropics was such and excellent setting for this event. The entertainment was fantastic (especially in Room 135 at 2 AM when the sing-a-long provided all tikis a voice in the ritual chants - Al and Shelley are to be Mahaloed to death for their making this event come about).

The weekend was truly spectacular. The music, the venue, the tiki-attendants, the pool shananagins, the tiki-attendants (again!!!) and the vendors all made for one freaking memorable safari to the gracious Tiki Oasis in an otherwise barren, scorched, hell-forsaken dry patch in the desert.

So many mahalos to all who worked and attended this event.

Tiki Bob was blessed by the tiki gods that his trek via the new flying machines and a function motor sedan was able to get him to the remote spot that was Tiki Oasis 2002.

Thanks to all for making this one very memorable weekend. If you did not make it, you better scratch on the floor of your hut the date of the next year's event as soon as it is announced. If not, may the tiki gods have wrath on your soul (or at least your liquor cabinet.)

Balmy regards,

Tiki Bob

[ Edited by: tikibob on 2002-06-24 20:23 ]

T

Sorry about starting a second topic on this subject. I am slowly getting the idea of how this forum works.

Mahalo,

TB

Pages: 1 1 replies