Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

My Tiki-Themed Arm Sleeve (with actual pics this time)

Pages: 1 12 replies

Hey all,I thought I'd post my Tiki armsleeve tattoo.I went for a more realistic look than a lot of the tiki pictures and designs..something a bit different. I tried to get as much in as I could without making it too busy. Few Tiki Gods, beautiful Islander Girl, a couple shrunken heads in a spiders web cocoon, a sailers skull on a spear and of course the moonlight beach with a volcano in the backround. It took around 25 hours. Now to ease the pain with a few rum-laden cocktails in my TikiBar!
Mahalo/Okole Maluna!

[ Edited by: Space Aged Hula Grave 2012-01-26 23:16 ]

[ Edited by: Space Aged Hula Grave 2012-01-26 23:28 ]

Well that didn't work.....

"Uploading and Embedding Images
Our website has image hosting that allows you to post images to our server. To do so, simply click the "add images to your post" link that appears at the bottom of the New Topic, Reply, and Edit pages. Follow the instructions there"

[ Edited by: Chuck Tatum is Tiki 2012-01-26 23:04 ]

A

On 2012-01-26 22:57, Space Aged Hula Grave wrote:
C:\UsersOfficeworks\Pictures\2012-01-27\228.JPG

That's an image on your local drive... host it on the web somewhere and link to that, maybe? :D
Ha! Chuck's edit beat me to the post :D

[ Edited by: Alefoot 2012-01-26 23:09 ]

Thanks Chuck and Alefoot! I think I got it now.

T

I really like the first pic with the Hula Girl, That would have probably been more than enough for me.

Cool! Makes mine look like a booger!

P

Awesome. I'm hoping to get a half-sleeve eventually and can't decide what to get. It's hard to explain "tiki" to some people without it falling into Party America-style.

A

On 2012-01-26 22:57, Space Aged Hula Grave wrote:
Hey all,I thought I'd post my Tiki armsleeve tattoo...... I tried to get as much in as I could without making it too busy.

IMO you got it about perfect. The composition / placement of the elements all works for me, and the execution looks great. Nice piece!

Teakey - ya, I did go a bit overboard on this one haha.

75 Sting - Thanx man! Do you have pics up of yours?

Potatoe - It took about two years to get the exact design and then find the perfect (in my mind) artist for the job. I went in with around 50 pics for the concept and she narrowed them down and took it from there.. Can't wait to see yours when you get it!

Alefoot - Thanks for the compliment! Like I said above, it took around two years to find the right tattoo artist. Glad I did, she did exactly what I wanted..only better.

[ Edited by: Space Aged Hula Grave 2012-02-02 15:53 ]

T
TNT posted on Tue, Feb 7, 2012 12:22 PM

That is really nice. I especially like the view from the 5th picture down the list
Well done.

That is a great tat. I have always been too scared to get a tattoo but have always wanted to get plumeria flowers on my ankle. I'm a chicken like that I guess lol. Who was the inspiration for the beautiful wahine (woman) on your arm? Is it someone you know or a picture you found?

TNT- thanks.
Simplydlacruz-you too.. Yes, big fan of the Plumeria Flower.
My friend has a massive tree in his back yard that is absolutely
blooming with them. So jealous! The Woman is nobody (unfortunately!)
I know. I spent months trying to find the perfect photo and when I went
for my second session (the portrait part), my artist had that picture. She liked
it because the woman was beautiful and the angle/lighting was just right to help it
look more realistic with the moonlight on her face. I agreed on the beautiful
part and took her advice about the angle/lighting..she's the professional after all!
If your not sure about if you want to get one, maybe hold off until you are. If
you do tho, pics please!

Well the artist did a great job. Yeah I will definitely wait and see. I'm sure I will get one eventually though lol.

Pages: 1 12 replies