Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tikiyaki Orchestra and Marina Return to Don The Beachcomber - Feb 25th !!!

Pages: 1 2 50 replies

T

** HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BABY!
DONN BEACH'S BIRTHDAY With THE TIKIYAKI ORCHESTRA and special guest star MARINA THE FIRE EATING MERMAID !
SATURDAY FEBRUARY 25th at DON THE BEACHCOMBER ! **
16278 Pacific Coast Highway
Huntington Beach, CA 92649
(562) 592-1321

The Tikiyaki Orchestra returns to Don's once again, with the exotic and beautiful Marina the Fire Eating Mermaid to celebrate Don The Beachcomber, "Host to Diplomat and Beachcomber, Prince and Pirate"

The Tikiyaki Polynesian Village and Jungle Jetsetter Lounge spectacular comes to life once more !
We'll be performing 2 sets of live Exotica, and Marina will be bringing her always unique and top notch "retro-tainment" skills to the fore, eating fire, belly dancing, traditional hula and more !

Also, our good friend Kevin Bullat aka "Bong" from the Hula Girls and Smokin' Menehunes will be performing with us on steel guitar this night, making this a must see performance for the SoCal Ohana.

Also, of course, DJ Big Tiki Dude will be spinning the exotica, hawaiian and surf when the band's not rockin'.

Tickets are $25 for the High Chief's room prime seating, and $20 for Hidden Village seating in advance.

Purchase your tickets now at http://tikiyakiorchestra.com/TA/TPV/aloha_baby_seating_chart.htm

Doors open at 7:30 , show starts at 9:00

Get your tickets now !

ALOHA, BABY !

[ Edited by: tikiyaki 2012-02-02 21:43 ]

[ Edited by: tikiyaki 2012-02-02 21:58 ]

[ Edited by: tikiyaki 2012-02-06 19:56 ]

http://thelaforum.com/

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big Time!!!!

If Only !

Sorry T-yak. Was thinking of your van and Kiss Alive.....

D'oh! Gettin' TC and Facebook confused.

T

Those are both great things to think about.
LA forum would be a killer gig ? This place is a little smaller :)

How bout the grove in Anaheim,
5000 seats I think.
that would be awesome.

Or the Doll Hut in Anaheim.
max. Occupancy 65 I think.

:wink:

Jeff(btd)

T

Tikiyaki and Marina return to Don's !!!

Nice!!!

CJ

cheap!

No brainer! Locked it down! Marina + Tikiyaki + Don's = Triple Threat!

Tickets secured, StereoExotique on the stereo, Mai Tai in hand.

Aloha, baby.

kevin

T

Here's pics of the last show. It will be just as epic again this time !

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=40981&forum=17&start=165&hilite=nov%205th

Will be another great show!

Like????

T

Jim, your welcome to use my new chinese gong for the show. Call me .

T

I may just do that ray !

On 2012-01-31 20:45, tikiyaki wrote:

Also, of course, DJ Big Tiki Dude will be spinning the exotica, hawaiian and surf when the band's not rockin'.

Thanks Jim,
always a great pleasure,
and its Mellow Surf, No Heavy stuff,
don't wanna get Ray Boylan too riled up.

Jeff(btd)

T

Just a note to everyone who bought tickets, and those who are going to buy them.

PRINT OUT YOUR PAYPAL RECEIPT. THAT WILL BE YOUR TICKET TO THE SHOW.

Tickets are selling fast, so make sure you get yours now !

is anybody coming to this?
or is all the talk over in F-book?

Jeff(btd)

Going! Heck I even recruited some friends who are first time Tikiyaki show attendees to go. No Facebook required. :)

Kevin

R

WooHoo, just bought my tickets!

I will be celebrating my birthday as well and this will be my first time seeing you guys live.

Very excited.

-Raymond

MT

After a fairly crazy roller coaster week, it looks like things are working out so that I can come down and catch this gig. I'm fairly certain that I'm coming down. Any other NorCal Peeps headed down to SoCal for this show?

Mrs. Kahala and I are looking foward to this! See you all on the other side of a Mai-Tai. :)

Is there a dark side of the Mai Tai?
I think maybe its only after 3 or 4, that you find it.

Jeff(btd)

MT

On 2012-02-19 15:40, bigtikidude wrote:
Is there a dark side of the Mai Tai?

Only if it's made with pineapple juice and grenadine.

Bill,
Oh,I've seen yer darkside,
and it involves sitting around a fire pit,
and involves talking about bodily functions.

Jeff(btd)

CA

did someone say GONG?

We should have a Marina Vs. King Mystery Bowl-Off Presenting Competition!?! For the Guys & Gals ....
I'm a little rusty on the Gong since 2003...and without the real Mai-kai gong, the King my not have quite the Alluring Powers ??? but it's a thought...? Boooooooe'Ohhaaaaannnnnnnnng!

J

Tickets are really selling fast! Thanks, everyone!!! (Especially those making the trek from out of town!)

Don't forget to print out your Paypal receipt to use as your admission ticket.

He Lives...he POSTS !!!!

Thanx JP....yes, PLEASE print out your paypal receipt...IT WILL BE YOUR TICKET.

High Chief's Room has 1 ticket left, but there are still some left in the Hiden Village.

Aloha, Baby !

Just days way! I'm excited for the show, extoica music by the best exotica band in the world today Plus Marina!!! I always dig Bigtikidudes choice of tunes it's always just right for the occasion. Can't wait. Yes this is a bump but!?? JP is right don't forget to print the paypal slip. Last show I printed it then forgot it at home anyway, yeah, dont do that. See you at Don's !

High Chief's Room is sold out !

Hidden Village Tickets are still available, and still offer a nice view of the show.

Plus,the Hidden Village is pretty awesome.

secured our tickets and looking forward to the show

Some of the surf crowd peeps are coming.
crossover baby!!

Jeff(btd)

In case anyone is undecided, I saw this in November. An incredible experience not to be missed!

part 2

MT

Keep an eye out for low flying Mai Tais. I just bought my ticket, and I'm heading out the door right now! See ya at Don's! TONIGHT!!!

Really looking forward to this. Carol and I will be there with shells on!

Oh boy! Is this great!

• Flounder

Thank you for the photos Mr. Banks, hopefully there will be more to come!
The video was quite nice too. :)

There's nothing better than being at Donns and having a dinner of tikiyaki chicken while listening to the Teriyaki Orchestra.
(ya had ta be there!)

MT

To say that was a great show would be an UNDERSTATEMENT! Most definitely worth the last minute drive down, and then some!!! Some pics to follow later, when I get access to my computer. Good times last night! Good times...

Solid show boys!

Agreed on all counts! Thanks Jim and crew! Last night's Tikiyaki O. show was great regardless of whatever gremlins afflicted Engine #4 (?) Kalola Kini and I had a wonderful time and met some great people. Tiki Al and Liz (at left) were lovely to spend time with...

...and Pasadena Mike, with his better half.

DTB Owner Arthur Snyder graced us with a visit for a little chit-chat and to make sure we were all having a good time. We'd never been to Don's before and were blown away by the decor and atmosphere. Since we live in Thousand Oaks, we'll just have to find more excuses to make the drive to Huntington Beach.

We'll be at Tonga Hut for the Tiki Magazine launch party at the end of March. Hope to meet many more of you there!

• 20 Cent

Yes, thanks to Joe Banks for the pics, and Video.

To Say that last night or any show that Tikiyaki is great is an understatement.
They always put on GREAT EVENTS!
and showmanship is part of that.

was blown away by the turnout, and how many newer tikiphiles and or just general public
was there. Tikiyaki is crossing over baby.

It was my pleasure as always to be part of the evening,
and I thank Jim and the rest of the band for allowing me to share music collection with you all.

Great Job again guys.
Jeff(bigtikidude)

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2012-02-26 20:55 ]

Another great show; thanks Tikiyaki Orchestra! It was a great evening of friends, music, and drinks. And nary a lost ring to be had this time. :) We're already looking forward to Mojave Oasis...on to the photos!

Part 1 of 2:

kevin

Photos, part 2.

Thanks again to Tikiyaki, Marina, BigTikiDude, the staff at Don's, and everyone else who helped put on the show.

Full size photos, plus a couple of others, are on Flickr.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/heylownine/sets/72157629464609539/

kevin

--
if it's not a little complicated, it's probably not worth it.
http://twitter.com/heylownine

[ Edited by: heylownine 2012-02-26 23:34 ]

Nice Pics, Thanks...

Pages: 1 2 50 replies