Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Caliente 4 May 18-20 2012 Room Crawl, Best Original Cocktail, Best Decorated Room

Pages: 1 2 80 replies

B

I can't believe I didn't respond to this thread earlier. It's been on the list of things to do to get ready for the event for forever. After Sunshine said I needed to respond here, I thought I did it right away. Anyway myself and my wife will be there. Thanks so much.

Please add

Joanne Yang
Scott Martin
Don Weston
Steve Weston

** ---> ---> HOST ROOMS STILL NEEDED! **

**We are down to the final days left before we party!

We have a open HOST spot on Friday at 5:00 and Saturday at 2:00 **

Remember you don't need to spend a fortune on your cocktail, make what you feel is a reasonable amount of dollars to spend and when it's gone it's gone. Please don't shy away from Hosting if you would like to do so. No amount of booze is too small or to big to keep us all from having a good time so please join in the fun and host a room at Tiki Caliente!

*Message me if your interested or have questions. See you soon! * :drink:

T

Sorry for the late request but would you please put me down on the room crawlers list?

Thanks Hip!

Tiki Bob

C

Guess I haven't put it down yet, but Caltiki/Congawa+1 (Vixiana) will be crawling!

K
kirby posted on Sun, May 13, 2012 7:46 AM

Not on the official crawl, but Hiphipahula,Kirby, and the rest of the Rumpus Room Gang would like to invite you to stop by saturday night!

Love it. Can't wait for the whole crawl experience at our first Caliente. The Rumpus Room event is sure to be amazing!

We will be celebrating Doug Horne & Brent's (Caltiki/Congawa) Birthdays
at Tiki Caliente so everybody get presents for the boys!

Just a few days till the big event. Hope to see everyone at our room party Friday at 10pm. Room 231.

Listen to our "hitting the road podcast" before heading out to the dessert.

http://www.zentikilounge.com/2012/05/ztl-249-the-road-to-tiki-caliente-4/

TT

Rumpus Room Party color flyer...
SATURDAY
8pm
ROOM 111

Please put the 2 of us on the crawl list!

Upon YOUR ARIVIAL AT THE HOTEL DESK.......

*Please pick up a memo informing you again of all the room crawl times and room numbers. Of course you may always refer to this thread on your smart phones for convenience.

I'm looking forward to this years Crawl it's going to be a gas! Lot's of great mixers and parties to attend and a fun way to say Aloha to everyone in the know. See you in the Crawls!* :drink: Hiphipahula!

J

I of course will be crawling again this year with a posse of about 5

Please put Tiki Kiki plus one on the crawl list please!

Please add 4 more to the crawl!

Mrs. Klockwork and I will definitely be crawling this year. Please add 2 to the list

I count 105 crawlers so far. I will be able to make about 50 drinks. Show up early or you may miss out.

[ Edited by: PiPhiRho 2012-05-16 22:52 ]

Gettin thirsty...

I'm afraid I now have flyer envy. Procrastination doesn't always pay off. Apparently.

Come join us in room 227 on Saturday from 3:30-4:00* and sample some Black River Punch.

See everyone soon!

kevin

• or until supplies run dry.

Hey Kelly,

Please add me to the crawl list, see u Friday!

JB

On 2012-05-14 09:49, Tonga Tom wrote:
Rumpus Room Party color flyer...
SATURDAY
8pm
ROOM 111

THAT'S what I'm talkin' about!

Count me in on the crawl (+2)

[ Edited by: Joe Banks 2012-05-17 16:44 ]

B

hello do i have to rsvp? or just show up ?
are the drinks complimentary/ gratuities appreciated? or for sale?

Like Rory always says:
Tip your bartender

Elena and I are ready to crawl! See you all shortly.

[ Edited by: John Slinger 2012-05-19 06:15 ]

[ Edited by: John Slinger 2012-05-19 06:15 ]

Mahalo to all the crawlers who stopped by our room Saturday on the crawl. We appreciated your thirst and your generosity. I had a blast getting to see both familiar and new faces. Mahalo also to all the other hosts. Each cocktail I had was top-notch. I'm only sorry I missed a couple while setting up shop. And thanks to Val and my sister, who made sure the drinks were iced and garnished.

For those of you who are interested, and asked about the Black River Punch, the "road recipe" version is below.

Black River Punch
1 oz. lemon juice
1 oz. Demerara sugar syrup
0.5 oz. Falernum (recipe from Beachbum Berry Remixed)
0.25 oz. Pimento dram (recipe from Beachbum Berry Remixed)
3 oz. Appleton VX
2 oz. strong black tea

Shake lightly with ice, pour into a tall glass. Top with a splash of soda, if desired (I omit soda when making large quantities; the ice block handles the dilution). Grate fresh nutmeg over the glass.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_River%2C_Jamaica

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_River_(Jamaica)

Thanks again crawlers. Let's do it again next year!

Kevin

The Black River Punch was tasty!

Thank you to all the wonderful hosts and hostesses, your hospitality is well appriciated and was the highlight of my weekend!

Tiki Caliente was a blast....
We had a great time hosting at the Flaming Tiki Lounge,
Mahalo to all the crawlers, we hope that you enjoyed the decor and the "Fuego Tropi-cal".
You are what makes it a party--
And Mahalo to the other hosts, we so enjoyed your fantastic cocktails,
so much mixoligy talent all in one fantastic weekend.

Many Mahalos
Flaming Tiki

Thank You Tiki Caliente 4 Room Hosts and Crawlers you were a smash hit!

Room decor contests have been a tiki event standard at events for years now all over the globe. The best room decoration at TC4 went to the "Flaming Tiki" Room! Special mention to the wonderful hosts, the "Zen Tiki Lounge" Fantastic job to all who decorated and set the perfect mood for all of us to enjoy.

The Cocktail Contest, Thank You to all of our Hosts! I don't remember events having a contest for best cocktail until a couple years ago, I was worried about this as I didn't want to discourage anybody from joining in the fun. In the end I believe that folks who wanted to host did host for the fun of showing their skills and throwing a great party for all of us Thank You Hosts!
Never an event such as this have I enjoyed so many well constructed cocktails what a great surprise! Congratulations to all who participated you really raised the bar for crawl Cocktails.

1st Place- Piphirho the "Manutara"
Room 117 (back door)

2nd Place- heylownine & Tiki Val the "Black River Punch"
Room 227

3rd Place- Emerald Islander served us two refreshing cocktails one Ginger based and one Elderflower based. (names to come)
Room 108

Many Mahalo's to our crawl sponsors who supplied our great gifts, they are,

Gogo & Dani from GoTiki Ceramics the Beachcomber Lamp
Rory Snyder Tiki Caliente Gifts
Appleton Estate Rum

Thank you Hosts, Sponsors and Crawlers! See you at Tiki Caliente 5 2013 !
**Tip your Bartender Please! ** :)

http://www.hiphipahula.com/

All of us at the Zen Tiki Lounge had a blast at Tiki Caliente. Seeing all of you at the room party was the top of our weekend. We hope you listen to the Zen Tiki Lounge LIVE podcast from TC4 and join the fun each week from wherever you are.

And for the recipes to Ginger's Passion and The Luckubus.....click the link below.

http://www.zentikilounge.com

[ Edited by: Sunshine Tiki 2012-05-25 00:28 ]

On behalf of the Rumpus Room thank you all for joining us at the Tiki Caliente 4 Rumpus Room Party!
Please join us for Rumpus Room anytime your in the area on a Wednesday night.

Thank you Rumpus Room Regulars for your contributions and time. That was fun!

Thanks again,
Kirby & Polly for everything
Murph for the Banner
Our artists for their help, Bearded Bastard & Tonga Tom,
Our barbacks, hosts and everything in between, heylownine, Tiki Val, Sherriyaki, Krisdrama, Mel
The Flaming Tiki for Ice
Melanie for her contribution to our booze fund.
ALL THE RUMPUS ROOMERS!

Pages: 1 2 80 replies