Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Top 10 Tiki Bars in California: Tiki Ti is No. 1

Pages: 1 3 replies

G

A post at the 98bottles.com tiki blog:
http://98bottles.posterous.com/top-10-tiki-bars-in-california

1. Tiki Ti (Los Angeles, Calif., http://www.tiki-ti.com/)
    Family-owned for three generations. It's small, the whole bar chants when you order the Ooga Booga or Torro Torro. It's got drinks, atmosphere, and charm that any tiki god would be proud of ...

(Image copyright 2012 98bottles.com.)

Well deserved!!! I have yet to go to Smugglers Cove and I know Martins drinks are phenominal. I have to plan to go there soon. But the Tiki Ti is just rad!!!!!!! I love that bar and I think nothing will beat it. Aloha and Mahalo to Ray, Mike, Mike jr, and Mark for keeping it going.

MH

I'm happy to see that the Bali Hai made the list, since I'm a San Diego girl and all.

Nice link, Glenn Tiki.

Here is my order:

1. Tonga Room (SF)- Old skool Tiki restaurant with a massive water feature and has dodged the wrecking ball

2. Trader Vics Lounge (BH) (I wish the old one)- Tiki drinks, poolside, is a perfect combination

3. Forbidden Island (Alameda, Calif.) Spectacular interior.

4. Don the Beachcomber (Newport Bch) - An entire room of thatched booths, located across from the Pacific Ocean

5. Purple Orchid (El Segundo) - Incredible owners and drinks served in Tiki mugs, with a very high Tipsy ratio

6. Trader Vic's (Emeryville) - What can I say, I like Tiki bars near the Pacific Ocean

7. Trader Vic's (LA Live) - Nice old school decor and Tiki Diablo's immense Tikis out front

8. Bali Hai (San Diego) Great Tiki map, bright & airy to allow the breezes from San Diego's Big Bay and the Mr. Bali Hai mug.

9. Tonga Hut (Sherman Oaks) Enormous Moai, and a 50s bar which remains

10. Roys of Hawaii (Pasadena) Incredible tiki torches out front.

Pages: 1 3 replies