Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Gallery

Art of distortion

Pages: 1 10 replies

Here's a couple of pix of my most recent work.

Masks - (july '11) 16x12"

Temple - (oct '11) 18x14"

Fun tiki art. I like your pyramid. Thanks for posting. Keep going and I'll keep watching, Wendy

CA

I love ART of "DISTORTION" !!!!

Your take on Ken Ruzic's composition breaks it down to the basics...

Here's the art from Ken's "Oli Oli Kakaka and Pupule" print
He released for that Tiki Farm trio mug set a while ago...

original study

more info on the project
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=35616&forum=21&vpost=515511&hilite=Oli%20Oli%20Kakaka%20and%20Pupule

Welcome to the Tiki Art World it's pretty small and there are not a lot of Peers to draw from.... But there are some great ones... Ken is the Bestest!!!!!

The best thing about Kenny (welllll...ONE of the best things) is that he actually researches the original art forms of Polynesia and Papua New Guinea by perusing Oceanic Art books....and not just copies other artists' Tikis from the internet.

Those books might SEEM hard to come by in some places, but most libraries have some, and of course they are available thru the internet.

It seems harsh to judge a beginner and newbie by a pro standard such as Ken Ruzic's, but if you put yourself up here, you are playing with the big boys. :D

Thanx for the words of encouragement - as i said these are the first things i've done on canvas. Yes i've been inspired by other artworks, internet imagery is the only means of education i have in this field. As i progress and develop my skills i shall become more individual and independant as an artist, as a band does after practicing with 'covers' before writing there own material.

On 2012-02-21 10:31, distortion62 wrote:
Thanx for the words of encouragement - as i said these are the first things i've done on canvas. Yes i've been inspired by other artworks, internet imagery is the only means of education i have in this field. As i progress and develop my skills i shall become more individual and independant as an artist, as a band does after practicing with 'covers' before writing there own material.

I for one am shocked that a band just starting out would need to play covers, At no time in my early music career
did we ever start out playing covers, Sir! (Just crappy originals) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously distortion (Can I call you that?) everyone has to start somewhere, So good luck in your Art endeavors
If I had one criticism, it would be to loose the googly eyes, if I had a criticism that is?

Thanx for your comments
Here is the first painting i commited to canvas 'Head' (May 2011)

followed '2Head' (June 2011)

And my latest work 'Beach' (Feb 2012)

sold at $40!

[ Edited by: distortion62 2013-09-07 15:35 ]

C
cy posted on Fri, Mar 2, 2012 4:28 PM

Lookin' good distortion! Glad to see you stay after it.

The googly eyes! THE GOOGLY EYES! :P :P :P

And a :drink: CTiT out!

heres some new stuff

this is a small wooden box picked up at a carboot sale, sold for $25

OTHER BITS I DID RECENTLY...

tattoo skull

2nd wooden box

anarchy wagon - large paint on artboard

4-head!

small jewel box - sold $10

large 60's tool box - sold $10
...yep, all my work is up for grabs!