Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Wanna own a tiki bar in Hawaii?

Pages: 1 15 replies

B
Brice posted on Fri, Feb 10, 2012 6:16 PM

Escape those cold mainland winters... live aloha every day on the Kona coast... and be your own boss in Paradise! It's an affordable dream come true.

Okolemaluna Tiki Lounge is a TC-member-owned tiki bar, launched in 2010, and is now ready for a new owner to take it to the next level. The business has an extremely loyal following of regulars and repeat visitors. All the hard work has been done -- it's a successful, 100% turnkey operation with numerous growth/expansion opportunities.

• Named one of the "Top 10 Tiki Bars in North America" by Imbibe Magazine
  • Called a "museum of classic tiki drinks" by Honolulu Magazine
  • Featured in regional and national publications
  • Fresh juices, house-made syrups, premium spirits
  • Local, seasonal ingredients used in both food & drink
  • Vintage Hawaiian vibe
  • Art and decor from Oceanic Arts, Bamboo Too, Bosko, Doug Horne, Brad Parker, Woody, Tiki Skip
  • Custom tiki mugs from Gecko & Squid, Maui Rob & Beachbum Scott
  • Vintage and original classic cocktail recipes, including exclusives from Beachbum Berry and Paradise Brice

Owners are selling only to pursue additional business opportunities. The concept has caught on and has become entrenched in the community -- it can be a Kona mainstay for years to come. All it needs is you!

Listing details, photos, and virtual tour are below. Contact realtor for more information. Also look up our reviews on TC, Critiki, Trip Advisor, Yelp, Urbanspoon, or FB.

http://web10.hawaiiinformation.com/REsearch/Base/AspLib/GetKeyLink.asp?S=HIS&R=MLS&T=MLS&K=252222&D=mls&P=71791483&CF=1

Mahalo!

T

Wanna own a tiki bar in Hawaii?

The answer is Yes

U

TC should buy it as a group effort.

Please!
I've been yearning to visit this place; I really hope it's still the same when I finally make it over.

Oh wow how cool would it be to own a tiki bar. I think my only problem would be that I would drink our profits away ahahah. Would be great to see a group of people from this board dive in and go for it. :wink:

Oh no! I'm headed to the Big Island in May and it was definitely on the list of things to do. Every day....
Please tell me it'll still be up and running then!?

B

Like the post said we are looking to do new things! We are doing very well or we wouldn't put it up. Please understand that being for sale doesn't mean being in financial trouble, it simply means we wanna do other things; there is no impact on our day-to-day operations, our quality, or our service levels.

Okolemaluna will be there for you when you visit, and you'll have the same experience as all of our guests.

AT

Here's a link to some info ...

http://honolulu.craigslist.org/big/bfs/2855800143.html

great opportunity --- if only I had an extra $210,000 laying around.

B
Brice posted on Thu, Apr 5, 2012 8:01 PM

The Craigslist announcement expired; here's a more permanent URL to check out the listing:

http://okolemaluna.isnow4sale.com/

Motivated sellers, looking to pass the torch to another tikiphile who wants to take this business to the next level.

Aloha!

[ Edited by: Brice 2012-04-11 14:26 ]

Well, as someone who spent a week there last year l'd buy it in a heartbeat if l wasn't happy other other side of the planet. Truly friendly local hangout that every TC member should put on their "must drink at list". Here's hoping it gets picked up by someone with Brice and Lisa's Tiki integrity. Man the drinks are good.

T

I'd LOVE to buy it. Could you help with relocating? Hah! I just told my wife I'd be happy with selling the house here, our cars and renting a shack in paradise.

V

Yowza! If only you were in Kailua Oahu, not Kailua Kona! :) We are heading your way early June for the ironman half Honu race - hope to see you there and sip one of your ONO mai-tais before you pass the torch! Happy to hear you are moving onto bigger and better adventures!

Henrik

B
Brice posted on Wed, Apr 11, 2012 2:31 PM

On 2012-04-06 06:02, TraderDon wrote:
I'd LOVE to buy it. Could you help with relocating? Hah! I just told my wife I'd be happy with selling the house here, our cars and renting a shack in paradise.

Sure, we have a spare bedroom, be glad to put you up! :) Always happy to meet TC'ers on the Big Island.

But if you (or anyone) is serious but unsure about how to move and/or set up a second home here in paradise, we have plenty of connections and are more than willing to help.

Aloha,

We'll be in Kona weekend after next, and will be sure to stop by to support and have a drink! Looks nice...

-scott noteboom

Brice,

Nice to meet you and your wife this past weekend. I just mentioned to someone today how great the cocktails were in your bar.

Great hospitality, decor and drinks.... and in Kona to boot.

Mahalo and let us know when you make it to the bay area. Our San Jose crew will be happy to join you at Smugglers Cove, and if you make it up to see Notch's bar-- you're welcome to check out mine as well.

-scott noteboom

Aloha Brice, my wife and I will be on Oahu in July. If the bar is still on the market we may hop over to the big island for a look. I have extensive experience managing bars and this would be a dream come true. Oh, and I'm hapa haole, part Hawaiian. Mahalo -Wade and Bonnie

[ Edited by: Trailerpark Tiki 2012-04-25 15:39 ]

[ Edited by: Trailerpark Tiki 2012-04-26 12:52 ]

Pages: 1 15 replies