Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Viva Las Vegas 15, April 5th to 8th, Hula Girls everyday by the Pool 3 pm and 6 pm

Pages: 1 15 replies

http://www.vivalasvegas.net/

Hula Girls at the Pool every Day at 3 pm and 6 pm

Tequila Worms surf band in Brendan's Pub,

The Ventures, and Duane Eddy at the Car show stage.

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2012-02-11 19:23 ]

T
TNT posted on Sat, Feb 11, 2012 8:49 PM

We will be there - can't wait!
teresa & tim

When did Vegas become California??

Vegas is a suburb of Socal. We deserve some good music in the desert once in a while.

[ Edited by: Trailerpark Tiki 2012-02-12 13:43 ]

I'll be there too. Also, I'd add the Deke Dickerson Guitar Geek show to Jeff's list of must-sees at VLV.

CA

Tattoos and Coconut Oil! or is it motor oil??? sound good!!!!

If there is any confusion, it's THE Hula Girls who will be playing at the pool everyday. Not just some hula girls dancing. Was there any confusion? Probably not. Anyway, we WILL have Dinah and Judy with us as well!

And yeah, Deke's guitar geek fest should NOT be missed!

Vegasbilly and Lil Hula will be there, with a couple cars in the show and some drinks by the pool!

DeTiki will be there...we are offering prizes for each of the categories of the swimsuit competition. A purse for the ladies, a bar case for the men's and his and hers travel cases for the couples. Time to get out your finest!

We will also have our stuff in the fashion show. Really this is all an elaborate excuse to go to Frankie's again.

delandtiki.com

Just a couple of more days till VIVA!!

Slacktone was just added to the Guitar Geek fest that Deke Dickerson puts on During Viva Las Vegas.

T
TNT posted on Thu, Apr 5, 2012 7:22 AM

See ya by the pool - can't wait!

J

im ready to dance!

I did not attend the show; my sister Rebecca and her boyfriend Mike and his 1954 Caddy went like they have been for years.
Here are some pictures of the show.

Roxanne

T
TNT posted on Wed, Apr 11, 2012 7:12 AM

It was a fun and very mellow VLV this year. Nice to hear and see the Hula Girls by the pool and from our room while getting ready for the night. The Ventures, Duane Eddy and Slacktone/Deke's Guitar Geek show were incredible. Frankie's & Tiki Lee's were a treat. Charles Phoenix retro slide show, burlesque bingo, Tempest Storm... Counting down for next year.

Well that was one hell of a weekend. I don't know how The Hula Girls always get roped into playing EVERY day of the festivals that happen (like we did at Tiki Oasis) but it sure is draining. We played 6 - 1 hour sets (approx 80 songs throughout the weekend). I missed seeing the car show, so I get stoked to see photos from it. Mike's Caddy is amazing, by the way. Immaculate. We DID have a blast though. Christian won $400, Doug made 'friends' in the bars, and I had the distinct honor of Deke Dickerson coming to the pool to see us play.

Thanks for all of ths support from our tiki buddies, it was great to see some of you guys out there (Tiki Tim, BigToe and Audry, Brent, and others who I can't remember at this time) ! I think we won over some rockabilly fans too.

We'd also like to thank our sponsor Tres Noir. They make some great sunglasses. Check 'em out!

Maybe we'll be back next year. We'll see.
Here's a great video about this year's Viva. The Hula Girls are featured toward the beginning, and toward the end, I am included in a video montage with Duane Eddy!! and The Ventures!! Absolutley my heroes. So stoked!

http://www.lvrj.com/news/las-vegas-gets-a-taste-of-rockabilly-146573265.html

Pages: 1 15 replies