Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Witco carving book on eBay

Pages: 1 16 replies

K

Easy to loose with a chainsaw! That IS a bit steep. And I don't think you can call it a "book" when it's only 29 pages and has no spine. It's a magazine format Do-It-Yourself guide. And much of it is not about Tiki, but other Witco styles.

HT

The Smithsonian has a copy of it in their libraries available for loan, nothing in the Carnegie Library System (which is huge).
Anyone want to track one down and digitize it?

BUY it NOW for $380.00?
Are you kidding me?
How many do you want?

K

Wow! tiki David you are making copies of Bill Westenhaver and Ron Hovde's book both of whom are still alive. Anything for a profit off of someone else's hard work. Do you sell Book of tiki copies also?

R

I've been looking for a book like that.. Trying to learn and start carving tiki's.

On 2012-02-16 12:08, keigs20 wrote:
Wow! tiki David you are making copies of Bill Westenhaver and Ron Hovde's book both of whom are still alive. Anything for a profit off of someone else's hard work. Do you sell Book of tiki copies also?

NO,I bought these at the flea market in FT lauderdale 3 years ago.
HAVE YOU EVER SEEN OR HEARD OF ME SELLING THESE HERE OR ANYWHERE IN THE KNOW UNIVERSE?
NO, YOU HAVE NOT.
SO BACK OFF !

"Pets are welcome,Children 'MUST' be on leash" TD

[ Edited by: TIKI DAVID 2012-02-16 12:16 ]

[ Edited by: TIKI DAVID 2012-02-16 12:20 ]

K

The originals don't come with binders and how many you want sounds like you got an endless supply. Just going by what I see and read.

IT WAS A JOKE.
DAMN, SOMEONES ASKING $380.00 FOR ONE A OF WHAT I PAID $4.00 FOR 4 OF.
JUST A NATURAL REACTION TO SAY "HEY! HOW MANY DO YOU WANT?"

K

The originals don't come with binders and how many you want sounds like you got an endless supply. Just going by what I see and read.

On 2012-02-16 12:27, keigs20 wrote:

"The originals don't come with binders"

REALLY?
well the one on the bottom of the stack, I got off EBAY from Rons son.($79.00) SO.... what was he selling?

K

Copies of the original that he made and has the right to make because he is Rons son. But they are not originals and same goes for yours.

HOW ARE WE TO KNOW THAT THE ONES I BOUGHT AT THE FLEA MARKET ARE NOT LEGGIT FROM RON SON AND ENDED UP AT THE FLEAMARKET WHERE I BOUGHT THEM?
SHOULD I NOT HAVE BOUGHT THEM?
SHOULD I BOUGHT THEM AND BURNED THEM?
SHOULD I HAVE CALLED THE POLICE AND REPORTED IT?
SHOULD I HAVE CALLED YOU?

FACT; I did NOT print them and I am NOT selling them.

SO.... leave me out of this shit!

Sounds like Tiki David sat on one of those binders....

Time for a little reminder: Tiki Central rule #10:

"Avoid writing entire subject lines and messages using all-capital letters. It makes your posts harder to read."

On 2012-02-16 15:37, bigbrotiki wrote:
Time for a little reminder: Tiki Central rule #10:

"Avoid writing entire subject lines and messages using all-capital letters. It makes your posts harder to read."

One of the unwritten rules of Tiki Central:

"Don't even infer that you're making copies of anything by William Westenhaver or his family will call you out on it. And they'll be right to do so."

Pages: 1 16 replies