Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Shrunken Head Fish Float For Sale

Pages: 1 11 replies

Aloha, this is my first attempt at cutting a fish float and installing a lighted shrunken head inside. I wish I could get better pics at night, but because of the contrast they never seem to come out. These pics were taken during the day, but you can see how the head lights up. It is 100% better at night.
Anyway, he is for sale. I could ship it, it would require a big box, as its a 12" float and would need lots of packing material. Or I'll be at Don the Beachcombers next month for the sale. Shoot me an e-mail at [email protected] if you're interested.
This guy is $200.00. If I get enough interest in him I plan on making more, with a slightly cheaper head. The head alone here was $55 wholesale. The next ones I'm looking at are $20.00. So that will drop the price down to $150-$175.00.
Thanks, Jason

Wow, that is ...SMOKIN'! I love it when new twists on classic traditions come up, this is a good one indeed.

This Shrunken Head comes from Ecuador and is made from animal skin in the traditional way of the Jivaro indians.

A

Very, very cool! How big is the float - it's kind of hard to figure from the photos

Thank you. It is a 12" float.

Very nice, he reminds me of the submerged Nixon on Futurama

Next ?:

Sven, if you've got the fur ball, I've got the float.
However, I cannot take credit for the shrunken head float. One of my good friends did it first. I just finally figured out how to cut a hole in a float. It took a long time, and I was just recently given the advice from a guy who spent years perfecting the technique.
Glad you like the idea though. My wife thinks it's creepy.

Well, I think Pekinese dogs are creepy. :)

Ha, me too. Might look good in a float though.
See you again next month at Dons?

We bought a couple of your shrunken heads at TO a couple of years ago - they really look great! Love the idea of these lamps!

Thanks, if you are coming down again this year I could cut a float for you if you want to do your own lamp if you could take it back with you.

Pages: 1 11 replies