Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Trader Vic'sLondon Treasure Map's Thailand-Nam Sri Far

Pages: 1 6 replies

Another drink in the Trader Vic's London Treasure Map 6 drink combination (4) Thailand-Nam Sir Far. It is described as Vanilla, Midori,and lemon shot. Has anyone ever had one or know the recipe?

Correction. I described this drink incorrectly. It is made with Vanilla vodka,with a spicy twist.

None of the TV drinks that you posted about sound very Tiki to me. In fact these drinks put a fine point on what Beachbum Berry said about the TV Restaurant Group in a recent interview:

"You've previously said you felt Trader Vic's legacy has been 'crapped on'. Why and by whom?

I said that about Trader Vic's [the restaurant group] because of the drinks. They are falling down on the job. I understand that they are expensive to make, but Vic was a quality control fanatic and God help you if you turned in anything less than a perfect drink in any of his 20 restaurants across the world. Today I don't see that quality control, they are not using the rums he would specify. I was in Atlanta recently and you don't get aged Martinique rum, or aged Jamaican rum in your Mai Tai - instead they use cheap well rums. I don't see the same attention paid to his recipes, but the hotel prices haven't dropped. I have enormous respect for Vic but being honest it does bother me when I have a Trader Vic drink and it's not what it used to be."

http://www.diffordsguide.com/class-magazine/read-online/en/2011-12-20/page-3/tiki?seen=1

D

That drink sounds vile.

.....Today I don't see that quality control....

Precisely why I don't drink at Trader Vic's. The ambiance (E'ville) is fantastic but the drinks are on par with the local hole in the wall. Even the same drinks made by the same bartender differ vastly. Shame really.

For the lazy, here's a link to Trader Vic's in London describing the Treasure Map
http://www.tradervicslondon.com/bar.php

Pages: 1 6 replies