Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Locating Tiki

The Outrigger (lafayette Hotel and Lanais), Long Beach, CA (restaurant)

Pages: 1 5 replies

Name:The Outrigger (lafayette Hotel and Lanais)
Type:restaurant
Street:
City:Long Beach
State:CA
Zip:
Phone:HEmlock 5-5681

Description:
(from Humuhumu's Critiki site) The Outrigger was a Polynesian-themed restaurant in the Lafayette Hotel. The Lafayette is a historic building dating back to the '20s; it was operated by Hilton when the restaurant opened in 1958. It's not known when the restaurant closed. The building was converted to condominiums in 1968.

Here is the match cover, the inside is blank.

Tigertail,

Looks like you got quite a collection of matchbooks, nice. The Outrigger Room was already covered in this thread.

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=10535&forum=2&hilite=lafayette

It includes a link to an article with some info and photos.

DC

Again...sorry my bad. I did search but for some reason it did not turn up. Maybe because I only searched in locating tiki? I don't know.

That would explain why you double-posted on places with several of your new threads. Not all threads that have a comprehensive collection about one certain place start out in "Locating Tiki" - and thus don't end up there, even if they would belong. And not all searches dig up the thread, either. Nice slew of matchbooks, you know your stuff, and we appreciate the passion, and anybody who posts visuals.

Thanks for that clarification Bigbro, good to know. :) I will more thoroughly search next time before I post. I think I may have some matchcovers that are already on TC, but some of the ones on here are not very clear sometimes. In those cases is it okay to post another version that may be a bit clearer, or perhaps just slightly different in design?

Pages: 1 5 replies