Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Are You Drinking- Right Now?

Pages: 1 12 replies

Yes

I was but I seem to have misplaced my drink.
http://now.msn.com/now/0226-monkey-drink-stealers.aspx

oui!

Yes.
And it worked. Got me through another dreadful Oscars. Why do I bother? Always think, "This year, they'll get back the magic!" What is it... 'The triumph of hope over experience'?

I am finishing off the last of my new drink. I call it an L.A.

It's a Manhattan with curaƧao - what a great combination.

Yes. Not that it's anyone's business, but I'm having one of Telescope's "L.A."s - an admirable variation of the Manhattan. Though, instead of a cherry, I used an orange slice as garnish.

On 2012-02-28 23:34, Limbo Lizard wrote:
Yes. Not that it's anyone's business, but I'm having one of Telescope's "L.A."s - an admirable variation of the Manhattan. Though, instead of a cherry, I used an orange slice as garnish.

Hmmm, another great combination, more orange with bourbon.

I have a quick question for you, do you prefer your manhattan with rye or with bourbon?

My favorite rye is Bullit Rye. My current favorite bourbon is Woodford Reserve. What are your preferences?

Well, it's tempting to lie, and pretend my tastes are more refined and my wallet is fatter. But I stock Evan Williams bourbon and Old Overholt rye in the home bar. I don't have a strong preference and make Manhattans (and Sazeracs) with rye or bourbon, totally on the whim of the moment. The "L.A" I made was with bourbon, I believe.

This evening, I had a Manhattan and a Sazerac (both w/bourbon), while watching a movie with the wife.

On 2012-03-03 17:49, Limbo Lizard wrote:
Well, it's tempting to lie, and pretend my tastes are more refined and my wallet is fatter. But I stock Evan Williams bourbon and Old Overholt rye in the home bar. I don't have a strong preference and make Manhattans (and Sazeracs) with rye or bourbon, totally on the whim of the moment. The "L.A" I made was with bourbon, I believe.

This evening, I had a Manhattan and a Sazerac (both w/bourbon), while watching a movie with the wife.

I must admit, Evan Williams does work well in a Manhattan. Old Overholt rye doesn't really do it for my though.

A Manhattan and a Sazerac. Whew. Were you able to walk ?

Right now, Don Julio 1942.

W

Are You Drinking- Right Now?

Yes.

I think you got it. As a frequent contributor, I'm well acquainted with the "What Are You Drinking- Right Now?" thread. But I figger, sometimes a man (OK, a person), might want to say, Heck, yeah, I'm drinking. But he doesn't want to post alot of fancy details and a picture. Maybe he's drinking something simple, something that doesn't warrant any details, on a tiki site. Straight Bourbon. Malt liquor. Whatever. This is the place to make your statement, without feeling the need to over communicate, or apologize.

(On edit) And, I forgot to answer the main question: Yes

"The rum's the thing..."

[ Edited by: Limbo Lizard 2012-03-20 22:15 ]

no. sitting on the toilet.

Pages: 1 12 replies