Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

looking for info on a huge witco piece

Pages: 1 20 replies

I am looking for info on this piece, when was it was made...are there similar pieces out there( was it part of a certain collection or does it have a name ect.) Also its so amazing I just wanted to share.

[ Edited by: michelelh 2012-02-25 18:14 ]

I just realized others have pics inserted that you can see, i cut and pasted per directions put my pictures are not showing up...I have never posted to a forum before so I'm kinda winging it, any suggestions?

[ Edited by: michelelh 2012-02-25 18:19 ]

[ Edited by: Hakalugi - fixed img bb code - 2012-02-25 19:18 ]

H

It looks like when you pasted the links from the "add images" page, you left out the BB code bookending the links. To see the proper code, click on the edit button of your post and you'll see "img" and "/img" in brackets.

Now go to the "Introductions" thread and introduce yourself! :)

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=6&forum=1&3342

J

I have this same piece and am looking for any information anyone may have on it. On the back there is W-515, I think this may be a catalog number but I'm not sure. Any idea what is worth? I may be willing to sell it.

You may have better luck on info and pricing over on Viking Central. We pretty much stick to tiki items on this forum. :)

G
GROG posted on Sat, Jun 22, 2013 1:00 PM

On 2012-02-25 17:54, michelelh wrote:
( was it part of a certain collection or does it have a name ect.) Also its so amazing I just wanted to share.

Thanks for sharing. Good luck in finding info.

Cute kid.

Also........

etc. is short for "etcetera" which is what you meant in the sentence above. Ect is short for Electroconvulsive therapy ----The Spelling Police. :D

[ Edited by: GROG 2013-06-22 13:03 ]

Those Spelling Police must have been on a donut break! Showing up to the scene of the crime a year and a half late :lol:

G
GROG posted on Sat, Jun 22, 2013 1:21 PM

The Spelling Police are just making an example of this offender so that others may learn from this mistake and not commit the same crime. Now off to the donut store.

J

On 2013-06-22 12:20, tikigreg wrote:
You may have better luck on info and pricing over on Viking Central. We pretty much stick to tiki items on this forum. :)

Is there a Viking Central? I searched for it on Google but no luck.

Sorry but you've run into a bunch of comedians here, There really is no other forum to show off and discuss Witco than this one. Thing is, just because it's Witco doesn't mean it's collectable. The only thing that floats peoples' boat here, (and out there in the collectors world) is either Tiki, Tribal, or Modernist Witco (certain pieces), and your piece is none of these. Though the welded metal pieces are not common, and there are certain ones that are cool, I don't think anyone will speak for this one - sorry.

J

On 2013-06-22 14:24, bigbrotiki wrote:
Sorry but you've run into a bunch of comedians here, There really is no other forum to show off and discuss Witco than this one. Thing is, just because it's Witco doesn't mean it's collectable. The only thing that floats peoples' boat here, (and out there in the collectors world) is either Tiki, Tribal, or Modernist Witco (certain pieces), and your piece is none of these. Though the welded metal pieces are not common, and there are certain ones that are cool, I don't think anyone will speak for this one - sorry.

Thanks for the info. I appreciate your help.

A "Viking Funeral" is in order, ODIN!

On 2013-06-22 13:21, GROG wrote:
The Spelling Police are just making an example of this offender so that others may learn from this mistake and not commit the same crime. Now off to the donut store.

Wowie, Wow, Wow!
I do most of what is on your offender list. I think your is one of them, can I use yer instead?
Sorry, Guess I should be locked up, Not good with the grammar thing.
My wife is though and she helps me when it is an item of importance, ect...
See I used to put ECT...
I will always remember you when I write that from now on, Kinda cool.
You are very good for a caveman.

Some of the most interesting people I have ever met were not well "educated" but they were
very smart in ways of the world and had great life lessons and stories to tell.
Bill Sapp quit college to start up the Kahiki.
And then some of the biggest bores were the college professors that were so impressed with their
standing in life and their colleagues that they did not see or hear the great life lessons that
These less "educated" could show them.
I would rather poke out my ear drums than to hear them talk for even one second.

Thank you, I do learn day by day from the corrections you post.

G
GROG posted on Sat, Jun 22, 2013 11:48 PM

The Spelling police can forgive many common misspellings and bad grammar, but certain things are pet peeves and ect. is one of them.

T

I hear you GROG.
One of my pet peeves was when my dishwashers
would put the towel that they used to dry silverware
with on there shoulder, right by their hair.

HT

On 2013-06-23 07:20, tikiskip wrote:
I hear you GROG.
One of my pet peeves was when my dishwashers
would put the towel that they used to dry silverware
with on there shoulder, right by their hair.

snicker

Your a funny guy.

T

Opps,
Their shoulder.

G
GROG posted on Mon, Jun 24, 2013 8:43 AM

On 2013-06-24 05:20, Hale Tiki wrote:

Your a funny guy.

You're or you are------the Spelling Police.

On 2013-06-24 07:46, tikiskip wrote:
Opps,
Their shoulder.

oops, not opps----the Spelling Police. :D

[ Edited by: GROG 2013-06-24 08:44 ]

T

I feel like I'm in one of those small towns where there is this sheriff
hell bent on giving you a ticket.

You can't win, just pay the fine and move on.

Till Rambo shows up.

T

Brakeing the Law, Brakeing the Law.

G
GROG posted on Tue, Jun 25, 2013 12:45 AM

On 2013-06-24 17:14, tikiskip wrote:
Till Rambo shows up.

'Til not Till (it's a contraction of "UNTIL")
Also, Hellbent is one word--it's an adjective.---The Spelling Police.

And Tiki Coma--- the Spelling Police are pretty sure you misspelled "breaking" on purpose.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

[ Edited by: GROG 2013-06-25 00:48 ]

T

Oh sure for him it's on purpose.
Teachers pet.

I think GROG is a spell checker just to drive his post count up.

Pages: 1 20 replies