Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Don The Beachcombers Closing?

Pages: 1 18 replies

Aloha everyone,

Thanks for all of the great feedback on the thread that I posted yesterday about visiting DtB this fall. I found out some bad news that I thought deserved its own fresh thread: DtB's has been listed for rent or lease by its owners.

http://www.loopnet.com/Listing/17339160/16278-Pacific-Coast-Hwy-Huntington-Beach-CA/

It looks like the question of whether I make it there or not this fall is pretty academic at this point. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, please don't shoot the messenger.

Mahalo,

Craig

J

This is old news. It's the lease that's up for sale not the property. I would have thought that after your other thread you'd have the good sense not to post something like this. You just publicly opened up a can of worms for us and DTBC. Do us a favor and stay in Ohio.

It is not about the messenger, it is about the form of the message: Another incendiary headline posted in the main forum! I guess my sentiments did not exactly fall on receptive ears. Either this guy has no common sense about how to go about posting things publicly, or he really enjoys pushing the remote death ray button... :roll:

Are you trying to get Don's closed for some reason, Thanks alot buddy!
good job at thinking this threw, before posting.

Oh and for people in the know, Don's has picked up new investors
and is looking to take over the land lease, So Don's is doing just fine for the moment
but if we don't support the place that can change, Bringing up these kinds of topics helps nobody
And as Sven has already said, makes it harder for our Tiki Palaces to stay in business.

[ Edited by: Chuck Tatum is Tiki 2012-02-29 19:38 ]

Calm down guys, I googled Don's address and that webpage came up so I passed it along. It's out there on the internet for all the world to see, so it's not exactly a state secret is it.

So your missing the "common sense" portion of your brain?

Hey if it's on the Internets I should post it everywhere? I did just read that Cincinnati, Ohio
is where all the Bedbug infestations are coming from.....soooo...

How the freak would I know that the people running DtB's don't own the property and lease it? I assumed that the people running the joint wanted out of the business. Sorry to piss on your parade guys. Maybe somebody who cares about running a good bar that employs mixologists that are interested in providing decent service and making quality cocktails will take over the property if DtB's can't make it. Here's hoping.

Jesus, You are clueless!

Hey Chuck, The state of DtB's business isn't my fault, it's thiers. Put the blame where it belongs.

[ Edited by: CincyTikiCraig 2012-02-29 20:24 ]

Let me try to explain this calmly, You found a small bit of information on the Internet
so you jump to (Large Leap) a final conclusion with out any research or questions asked.

Your conclusion is wrong & potentially damaging to the place in question, yet you are not liable
for that action on your part?

Also if someone should have an issue with Food or service at lets say (Anywhere)
what do you do?

1. Talk to management and convey those problems, where 9 time out of 10, they are resolved, You may even get a free dinner or drink
    etc. in compensation.

2. Yell all over the Internet what a lousy time you had & drive customers away from said place, without even giving the place the chance to
    correct any mistakes made.

Where's Bong when you need him?

On 2012-02-29 23:27, Unga Bunga wrote:

He hides in the shadows
Because he's the hero Tiki Central deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a silent guardian.
A watchful protector.
A dark knight.

[ Edited by: Chuck Tatum is Tiki 2012-03-01 00:20 ]

TM

On 2012-02-29 20:19, CincyTikiCraig wrote:
Hey Chuck, The state of DtB's business isn't my fault, it's thiers. Put the blame where it belongs.

[ Edited by: CincyTikiCraig 2012-02-29 20:24 ]

You haven't even been there. How do you know thier business?

Don's happens to be one of the physically largest restaurants anywhere. Do you know what the rent is on that place? Unless it is packed all the time, they won't even break even. So why are you trying to guarantee that? let me guess, you are one of those "let the market decide" type of people, right?

I think he has something better to do, than sit on TC all day . Ha Ha

On 2012-03-01 09:21, The Sperm Whale wrote:

I think he has something better to do, than sit on TC all day . Ha Ha

Ooooooo
that sounds Kinky.
you never know with that Bong guy.

Jeff(btd)

Lookey here, kids: I know I am making myself guilty of it by the very act of posting this, but if there is an understanding of the unconscientious aspects of the two posts discussed here, why would one want to push them up to the top of the forum by silly and unnecessary banter, contributing to the negative advertising that is at the heart of my concerns. Can we please just zip it up and make them quietly sink to the bottom?

That means to NOT respond to this, hopefully the last, post.

On 2012-03-01 10:42, bigbrotiki wrote:
Lookey here, kids: I know I am making myself guilty of it by the very act of posting this, but if there is an understanding of the unconscientious aspects of the two posts discussed here, why would one want to push them up to the top of the forum by silly and unnecessary banter, contributing to the negative advertising that is at the heart of my concerns. Can we please just zip it up and make them quietly sink to the bottom?

That means to NOT respond to this, hopefully the last, post.

What? Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Pages: 1 18 replies