Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Space-Age Wednesdays in Santa Barbara

Pages: 1 3 replies

Aloha!
After a two year hiatus from the clubs and airwaves, I am deejaying again! Starting this Wednesday the 18th at 9PM, the Firebird at 14 E. Cota presents Space-Age Wednesdays. I will be spinning lounge music, with plenty of Baxter, Denny, Lyman, Sumac, Buffet... wait, how did HE get in here? Anyway, I realize since the inaugral night is in a couple of days, it is probably too short of notice for anyone in here to make it. But since this will be happening EVERY Wednesday (and possibly every Friday as well), I would love it if some Tiki Central-ites showed up some night. In fact, if any TC'ers can make it to the FIRST night, I will buy you all a beer! No joke! (I would buy you cocktail, but they only serve beer and wine)

So if anyone can make the trip to Santa Barbara, you'll be glad you did. Hope to see some of you there one of these nights!

Sounds fun Rick. I'll drop by one of these Wednesdays.

Rick,

Man, you are putting two things together that i love. The firebird, and the sounds of your radio show. Once again, i am a huge fan of your show, and ex KCSB DJ. On the other hand, after I spent a night drinking good wine at the firebird, i was convinced that my new calling would be, to own a wine bar with a moroccan theme. I only wish that you were there when we were there this last december. I would love nothing more than hear some lounge music at the firebird. GOOD COMBO Rick. Unfortunately my wife and i will be moving to Portland july 21. Maybe if I win the lotto, we will open the wine bar and you could be the guest DJ. man i am so bummed, but proud and highly supportive of you and your artistry. there needs to be more djs spinning lounge. GOOD ON YOU MATE!

OB

Pages: 1 3 replies