Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Dr. Zarkov’s Tiki Lounge Playlist 3-7-12

Pages: 1 0 replies

DZ

Dr. Zarkov’s Tiki Lounge Playlist: March 7, 2012

On this week’s show we engaged in another extraordanarious and entropical exploration of exotia in all its efluvial eflourescence. Dr. Zarkov’s Tiki Lounge is broadcast on Wednesdays, 5-6 pm EDT at: http://www.radiofairfax.org The show is broadcast live; no recorded shows are archived. Some fans choose to record it on their computers to listen to later. Radio Fairfax also can be heard on Tune In Radio at tunein.com, and streamed on smartphones by downloading the Tunein app. It can be streamed on Roku and Google TV at: http://tinyurl.com/3uqfsz9

1. “C'est une valse qui chante” by Gino Bordin playing an early electric steel guitar from his collection: Virtuose De La Guitare Hawaiienne – 1930s Paris.

2. “Limehouse Blues” -- The 1922 song written for Gertrude Lawrence by Douglas Furber & Philip Braham – performed by Bob Brozman, Mike Auldridge & David Grisman from their CD: Tone Poems III – The Sounds of Great Slide & Resophonic Instruments.

3. “Waipi'o Paka'alana” from their 1975 recording: Hawaii's Keola and Kapono Beamer.

4. “Theme for a DJ” by Jerry Byrd from the CD: Master of the Steel Guitar, Volume One.

5. “Tutu (Grandmother)” by Emma Veary from the anthology: The Best of Emma.

6. “Silverswords” by Billy Gonsalves & the Paradise Serenaders from the compilation: Pau Hana Party. The song refers to the endangered plant that grows only in the crater of Haleakala, on Maui.

7. “Slack-Key Boogie Woogie” by The Peter Moon Band from their CD: Cane Fire!

8. “Gone Ape” from the 1950s recording: Kirby Allan Presents…Chaino: Africana & Beyond! – Spellbinding Primitive Rhythms by Chaino, Percussion Genius of Africa.

9. “Bongo, Bongo, Bongo” from the collection: Bongo Rock: The Very Best of Preston Epps.

10. “Rio de Jean” from the CD: The Exoticating Waves of Tiki Joe’s Ocean.

11. “Ebb Tide” by Alfred Apaka With the Hawaiian Village Serenaders from their recording: My Isle of Golden Dreams.

12. “Taboo Tu” from the anthology: The Exotic Sounds of Arthur Lyman.

13. “Manchot Rade Septet” by the Ukulele Club de Paris from the CD: Manuia!

14. “Portrait d'un 78tard” by Les Primitifs du Futur from their CD: World Musette.

15. “Botch-A-Me (Ba-Da-Baciani-Piccina)” by 8 1/2 Souvenirs from their CD: Happy Feet, With Chrysta Bell on vocal & Glover Gil on piano, performing the 1941 song by Alberto Rabagliati, Riccardo Morbelli & Luigi Astore, English lyrics later added by Eddie Stanley (“Baciami” in Italian means: “kiss me”).

16. “Tiki Fiesta” by Plastilina Mosh from the compilation: Tiki Rhythms.

17. “The Sound of the Sea Surrounds Me & Diamond Head” by The Brothers Cazimero from their CD also named: The Sound of the Sea Surrounds Me.

Pages: 1 0 replies