Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Wray & Toronja?

Pages: 1 3 replies

Ive been into Wray and Tings lately (J. Wray & Nephew overproof and Ting, a Jamaican grapefruit soda).

Problem is that Ting isn't that easy to find and at $1.50 for 9oz. Is a little pricey...

Many friends suggested Mexican Squirt,which has real sugar, as a substitute. I did a side by side comparison and for me the squirt didn't quite make it. And it was about as pricey as the Ting.

In addition to the Squirt, my local market also carries Jorritos Toronja, another Mexican grapefruit soda with real sugar. Bingo!

I did a side by side between all three and the Toronja was a far closer match, almost a dead wringer! And at $.63 for a 12 once bottle you can't beat the price...

Stay thirsty my friends...

I use the Jarritos toranja soda in La Paloma, it's great.

I just found Organics brand grapefruit Italian soda at Vons/Safeway. It's different that Jarrito Toronja but I like it better because it has some of the bitterness of grapefruit juice in it. It's also made with sugar instead of HFCS if that's important to you.

John, you going to make it to Oasis this year? We were supposed to meet last year and the world conspired against me.

Hi Mike,

Yup...I'll be at Oasis this year. Hope to finally have that drink with you.

Take Care,
John

Pages: 1 3 replies