Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Calif-Asia Milo Baughman 1940's Rattan Set for sale

Pages: 1 8 replies

Asking $2100.00

For sale I have a full - set of Calif – Asia vintage rattan furniture. This includes :
2 end tables
1 coffee table
2 table lamps
1 floor lamp no shades
No defects!!!!

1 couch
1 armchair
1 round - sitting chair
2 chaise lounges with footstools

Pretzel type design
Price includes delivery to anywhere Between boston and DC out to Chicago too (i'm located in Pittsburgh)
More photos available upon request
All CASH ONLY offers are welcome.

Great shape, designed by Milo Baughman: The upholstery is 8 years old, and in good shape without stains or smells.
Was kept in a pet & smoke free den for the past 30 years.

B

Milo Baughman did not have anything to do with the design of this furniture.

It's perfectly nice rattan furniture, but not Baughman.

-Duke

B

Yes.

Sadly, just because someone somewhere on the internet made an "attribution" does not make it a fact.

You linked to a Worth Point listing that does not have an image and references an expired eBay listing. I'm sure you are aware that there are a LOT of sellers on eBay who are either misinformed or will knowingly misrepresent an item. That listing also included "Eames" in the title. Am I to believe that Charles and Ray Eames were also involved in designing for Calif-Asia, or is that seller spamming with key words?

The pretzel arm chair was a popular design for rattan furniture and was offered by a number of manufacturers. However, it does not have anything to do with Milo Baughman.

I'm not the only one who will tell you the truth about Milo Baughman:

http://www.designaddict.com/design_addict/forums/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread_show_one/thread_id/11133/

If I were selling that set and wanted to engender confidence in potential bidders, I would remove the Milo Baughman reference from my listing.
Again, a perfectly nice set of rattan furniture. Just not designed by Milo Baughman.

-Duke

What DUKE said.

Yes to my knowledge Milo Baughman never designed for Calif-Asia
it's noted that they copied alot of the MCM furniture designs of others as did many
Manufactures.

Thanks, Duke. It was never my intention to misinform potential buyers.

IYO what would be a fair asking price then? Given the period / good condition.

Ross I think you are right around the ballpark as for price, if you don't get any bites
you can lower the price then.

Pages: 1 8 replies