Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Can you help me identify this Mug?

Pages: 1 8 replies

I was at the Salvation Army here in Downey Ca. yesterday and I came across this mug. At first I passed it up. But, I couldn't get over the fact that the teeth were very KU like. There are no markings on this mug, but I can't help but wonder .... Is there a Tiki/Beaver connection. I know I might sound stupid. I am super stoked at my unique find. Hell, it was a $1.50 It is a new favorite in my collection of Tiki Mugs. If any of you can offer me any info on it's origins I would be very Happy !!! Thanks

That, my friend, is rumored to be from the Tiki Trapper in Hamilton, Ontario.

It has showed up a few times here on TC.

DC

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=1099&forum=5&vpost=597167

or, I swear it could be from Babalu's infamous Tiki bunny phase!

WOW ... this is really AWESOME !!! HA HA The Tiki Trapper , now I want one of those Matchbooks !!! I would love to see Pic's of that place!! Thanks for the heads up, Dusty and Bigbro !!! Who would of thought that there was a Tiki/Beaver connection.

On 2012-03-18 10:52, The Sperm Whale wrote:

Who would of thought that there was a Tiki/Beaver connection.

The quest for beaver was a very mid century gentleman's club/lounge activity (sans the buckskins and canoe, of course), ergo Tiki. :wink:

Bear

...wow.

P

Good grief. I can't tell if I'm not hip to the joke or if this is a real thing.

I would have thought any shared tiki Mountweazels would have been somehow owl related.

Spotted this t-shirt on Etsy from the restaurant showing the Beaver Mug with a full set of garnishings!

And the back of the shirt with the menu.

One of the odder ones out there.

DC

Pages: 1 8 replies