Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Locating Tiki?: Locate THIS, please! ( Tiki Liquors )

Pages: 1 11 replies

All I know it's 1970 (Courtesy of Kiara)

That is the Tiki Liquors and Cocktail Lounge next to the L & M Restaurant on US 98 outside of Brooksville, Florida. The photo goes with this rather gruesome story of murder!

DC

Nice work DC,

It looks like there may still be some or similar in Texas.

Tiki Liquor
(281) 313-8454
16655 W Airport Blvd, Sugar Land, TX 77498

Tiki Liquor
1118 Bolton Drive
Missouri City, TX 77489-1522

The story actually gets a little weirder. Dearman fled the murder scene with cops in tow and stopped at the Tiki Lounge outside of town for a last drink, honking the horn for the bartender!

DC

Damn that was fast, DC. Well, that's one way to tell someone to "Keep out of this!" But no mention in the article of Tiki Liquors..guess it was just another liquor store to them....well I'll show them...I'll, I'll...

Aaaah, ya beat me to it - AGAIN, DC! :) I wonder WHAT the mixed drink was! Maybe a "Painkiller"? Hahaaa

[ Edited by: bigbrotiki 2012-03-22 16:11 ]

Boris, one of those is new:

...and the other not there anymore, but used to be in the same area. Maybe they moved to the new mall when it opened.

J

I wanna know how DC posted that info so fast.

Does he have some secret "X-Files" type filing cabinet where he amasses all and any Tiki intel, or did he research that from scratch literally within minutes (and if so, what resources does he use) ??

I used to love those 70s cop car pile up road movies! That story would make a good one...

H

On 2012-03-22 16:33, JOHN-O wrote:
I wanna know how DC posted that info so fast.

Does he have some secret "X-Files" type filing cabinet where he amasses all and any Tiki intel, or did he research that from scratch literally within minutes (and if so, what resources does he use) ??

I'm guessing DC used Google's ability to upload and then search for similar images? BTW, this feature only works with the Chrome browser.

TK

Kind of a cool little history. Thanks for posting, and so lightening fast too!

On 2012-03-22 17:25, Hakalugi wrote:

I'm guessing DC used Google ability to upload and then search for similar images? BTW, this feature only works with the Chrome browser.

I know nothing of Google Chrome, sounds cool. I do have the all seeing Tiki-Eye ap on my iPhone! You guys don't have that one yet?

DC

AAAh,

On 2012-03-22 22:24, Dustycajun wrote:
I do have the all seeing Tiki-Eye ap on my iPhone! You guys don't have that one yet?

çthulhu.

Pages: 1 11 replies