Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Are these questionable? Mugs

Pages: 1 30 replies

M

I checked these out with the original "Tikifarm" mugs
they are some minor details missing from the mugs on eBay
these look like knock off's, Time to let Holden know about these....

E

These are indeed knock-offs - Holden tells me he's on it.

Checked with the seller and was told these have no brand name or logo
on the bottom, so these are knockoffs/copies
Do not buy! TCers

I sent a PM to Holden.

Rip Off's Totally... They almost look axactly the same except for the glazes and the PARTIKI name drop..

I see seven of Tiki FArms mugs hacked by these guys.. also one by Bosko as well..
Dat Sucks!!

Good catch McTiki.

M

When I saw Duece, I called shenanigans! Messaged the farm as well.

McTiki

Man, the Chinese do it to EVERYTHING and EVERYONE! It's like a sport over there. Unbelievable!

I guess this means that Tiki Farm is in the same league as Chanel, Louis Vuitton and Gucci :)

On 2012-03-23 19:51, bigbrotiki wrote:
Man, the Chinese do it to EVERYTHING and EVERYONE! It's like a sport over there. Unbelievable!

Hardly unbelievable. Redacted. Not even remotely. Redacted.
Redacted. ARRRGGGHHHH!!! Redacted!!!!

I checked with Bosko and his mug is the real deal, so it's just the Tikifarm mugs that are not Kosher.

H

here's another...
Bar Supplies.com

Whoa! I'm flattered and annoyed, how did they make my Mana Mana mug look like it was drawn by small child.
The capitalist in me goes "They are using my design without paying", while the artist "It's not like I haven't borrowed from other artists" and the tiki collector "I want one for my collection".

On 2012-03-23 22:41, Heath wrote:
here's another...
Bar Supplies.com

This is the same company that is selling on eBay, I don't know if they are at fault here
they could just be buying from a shady importer? then again, who knows?

Whoa! I'm flattered and annoyed, how did they make my Mana Mana mug look like it was drawn by small child.

It's China. It undoubtedly WAS drawn by a small child. :/

H
Heath posted on Sat, Mar 24, 2012 7:35 AM

On 2012-03-24 01:17, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:

On 2012-03-23 22:41, Heath wrote:
here's another...
Bar Supplies.com

This is the same company that is selling on eBay, I don't know if they are at fault here
they could just be buying from a shady importer? then again, who knows?

They're not just selling on eBay...
Click on the drinkware tab and look at Fun Drinkware 3.
Bar Products

Big lots has a few as well..........

I would Laugh my ass off if I saw mine for sell at Big Lots then I know i would be part of the Elite!!!
Maybe some day someone from Sri Lanka will copy my stuff :)

On 2012-03-23 19:51, bigbrotiki wrote:

The company lists it's address as Florida, LOL!!

Might be selling from Florida but definitely made in China for that price.... Totally sucks for artists that designed the mugs and for Tiki Farm that produced them.. :(
I got my originals and don't plan on buying the knock offs... I hope they stop selling these copy cat designs
Aloha

M

Just horrible - look what they've done!?! I've received a lot of calls and emails from concerned friends and collectors and retailers about this. I cannot share any of the particulars, but we are taking care of this.

M

Holden, those really are terrible! Do they think Americans are idiots especially tiki collectors?

T
teaKEY posted on Tue, May 1, 2012 6:43 PM

Maybe it will be worth more like the upside down plane stamp.

T
teaKEY posted on Tue, May 1, 2012 6:45 PM

Maybe it will be worth more like the upside down plane stamp.

It do's show that not everyone can do a quality product.

W

It's Tiki Girl on Crack!! I just don't see them being worth anymore than what there selling them for..

M

I am going to assume here that it is Americans who are having these made in china and selling them here.

I almost thought of buying some just so I could leave Negative feedback, then have the kidz have a little shooting practice with the pellet guns! :wink:

I'm Headed to Big Lots now, on a Spy Mission for ya!

It looks like a someone painted the hula girl in the dark and hoped to hit the right spots. I have an excellent buzz going right now and I know I could do much better with a brush firmly planted between my left big toe and index toe!

TT

T

It's been two years now, and it looks like barsupplies.com is still selling knock-offs. Was there nothing that could be done? :(

Pages: 1 30 replies