Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Did I just buy the last bottle of Old Old label LH 151?

Pages: 1 2 replies

Yesterday I visited a liquor store in Fremont California that I had been meaning to visit for a long time, due to its decent Yelp reviews. I was amazed to find a single bottle of "Old Old Label" Lemon Hart 151 on the clearance shelf for $20! When I purchased it I was told it was the last one. To make matters more interesting I noticed that it had the "Old Old" label, the bottle was slightly larger and the color of the rum was somewhat lighter than the Pernod Lemon Hart 151. I previously stocked up two cases of the Pernod Lemon Hart 151 so I had a bottle of the Pernod 151 on hand for comparison:

The "Old Old" label states "Imported by Domecq Importers, Inc.
Old Greenwich, CT" rather than "Imported by Pernod Ricard USA.
Purchase, New York". It also has a street address for Lemon Hart & Son:

Lemon Hart & Son LTD, 21 Inner Park Rd.
Wimbledon, London SW19 6ED, England

Google street view shows what appears to be a multi-family dwelling at that address today.

So did I buy the last bottle of the "Old Old" label Lemon Hart 151??? I'm not going to open it until I finish the other 24 bottles of "Old label" Lemon Hart 151 in my inventory so check back in 20 years to learn if it tastes any different than the Pernod Lemon Hart 151! It does have a lighter color, which I realize is artificial, but since the Mosaiq Lemon Hart 151 tastes slightly different than the Pernod Lemon Hart 151 I wouldn't be surprised it the Domecq imported version also tastes slightly different.

I also found a single old bottle of "C. J. Wray Dry Rum" on the same clearance shelf which is pictured above. I've never seen that rum before either. That one I opened and it is a decent light rum.

[ Edited by: TropicDrinkBoy 2012-03-23 23:35 ]

W

Thanks for posting the pictures. I'll be on the lookout for one of those now. Really curious as to how it tastes compared to the plastic capped 151.

Cheers!

Chris

[ Edited by: WestADad 2012-03-24 06:19 ]

AF

Found a 151 just like the middle one recently, and about a year and half ago a bought these 3 bottles of 80 with that same gold wrap on the neck.
Good stuff...but all gone now. :(

I'd say older is better as far as Lemon Hart goes.

[ Edited by: A Frame 2012-03-26 14:59 ]

Pages: 1 2 replies