Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

****first official tiki mug swap of 2012!!**** send packages by april 30

Pages: 1 2 84 replies

C

My husband just told me my box arrived and sent a picture. I am on vacation with my dad in Alaska. :). Thanks to The Mainlander for the box o goodies! Sorry I can't post a pic till I ge home in a few weeks!!

Lilusako yours has shipped :)

danlovestikis
Sideshow Bob

yours is enroute!

U

Big package from Naneki arrived yesterday. Everything in the box was new to my collection....even the first produce I have ever received in a swap...a coconut filled with a lot of milk. Included were a Molokai Mule and a Pagoda mug plus napkins, postcards, pineapple straws, wood pineapple nut dish and a shell necklace (can never have too many of those). THANKS NANEKI!!

Closettiki yours has been sent :)

N

Ukutiki:

Glad everything arrived safely. I was really sweating the coconut. No guts, no glory, but I was afraid that subsequent swaps might include the Naneki Rule: Don't send actual coconuts.

I thought it was a sign when I stumbled on a free coconut the very night I was packing the box. But the thoughts of broken mugs, will prevent me from every doing it again.

WHEW

M

LoriLovesTiki - Glad everything made the long journey without incident.

BongBungalow - Thank you for a great box of Tiki mug goodness, it arrived safely yesterday right after I left for work. I have a couple versions of the warrior mugs but none from the Jekyll & Hyde club, so yippee!! An Orchids of Hawaii R76...you can never go wrong with a Tiki with a belly button. A Don Ho glass, Hawaiian coffee mug in a nice aqua color, Tiki drink book, and a Tiki boy band to serenade me while I mix drinks in the new mugs, whoo hoo.

I got the best box o'tiki on Monday from ZeroTiki!
What a great way to start the week :)
But what a week it's been! Pics to follow when I catch a breath.
Thanks Zero!
Pics as promised, all new to me!

The mugs and ephemera were more than enough, but then there was so much art!
The triptych of moai will have a place of honor in the Boom Boom Room.
Thanks again!

[ Edited by: Pittsburgh pauly 2012-05-06 16:57 ]

Z

Glad you liked the package, Pauly!
On a related note, I received a package today! The name looks familiar, but I can't remember the handle.

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

[ Edited by: ZeroTiki 2012-05-03 00:26 ]

[ Edited by: zerotiki 2012-05-03 09:34 ]

Zero and I are in the same boat. Got my package today and I am VERY HAPPY! But I'm not sure which TC member sent it.

In addition to these mugs, which I did not have in my collection, my swapper included an Untammed Highway comic book, (illustrated novel?), some cool swizzle sticks and "Sharing Aloha" wrist band. Thanks Swapper!

Z

Hey, Bongo!
We may share a swapper, perhaps...
I also got a sharing aloha band, a bundle of very cool swizzles, and the Untamed Highway comic as well...
Was it you, Uku?

Muy Mysterioso!
~Zero

[ Edited by: ZeroTiki 2012-05-03 11:33 ]

Zero, it was that rascal Ukutiki! Thanks again Uku, well done!

U

Received a great package from Surf.....?? Couldn't read the entire handle. His writing is as bad as mine. There were three Kon-Tiki items...all Milan Gaunkos plus swizzles, postcards, and adv. cards. Surf..... Thanks for taking the time to look at my Ooga-Mooga wish list.

HOK

My package has arrived! :) Mahalo Lorilovestiki!!

My cache includes 2 ceramic mugs, 2 lg Tiki tumblers, 4 shot cups,a handful of neon straws w/flowers, tiki ice tray....

Aaand a cool solar/light activated Hula Girl!!

Thankyou Lori and welcome to TikiCentral! Special thanks to SandraDee for organizing another Swap. Freddie

S

Suurfalia sent yours Ukutiki :)

ExquisiteCorpse
Tobunga

Yours is in the mail

Received my Swap from Tiki Atari!!!
Great Swag! From the Sky Vodka Tiki Mug to the Chalk Moai's, What A Haul!!

Thank you Jason, It's nice to get something from someone I have actually met!

Cheers!

Bob

I just received my great package from Loki-Tiki:

I must say I was amazed at the treasures within. I totally wanted both of these mugs! The Book of Tiki "Reviver" mug and the OoH R-70 (which was on my Ooga-Mooga wishlist!)

I was also pleased to find the Shag CD case and the Shag coin-purse, the tiki Playing Cards, the awesome Tiki shot glass, the lei, the various Tiki Farm & Oceanic Arts swizzle sticks, and the Tonga Hut bottle opener...

Big Mahaloz to Loki-Tiki!

S

Leleliz received this package of awesomeness from House of Ku. Freddie here is what she wanted to tell ya:

Freddie what an awesome box! Mahalo! Mahalo! Mahalo!

Brought to you by my cat here is a group shot of the items I received:

A really cool pair of vintage wood tiki earrings (too small for my ghetto camera to record in detail), shell necklace, CoCo Joe Catalog (how many of these do you have my friend???), the Davy Jones Locker mermaid mug,a metal/brassesque tiki scuplture and the tiki carver figurine.

The mug is from Davy Jones Locker in Hawaii -- didn't have it, didn't know it existed, love it!

How funny that you included this . Did you know I had the vintage CoCo Joe's version that just so happened to be one of the few Buzzy was looking for and because of that I gave it to him at Oasis last year. Nice to have a replacement since i do love this little sculpture!

Love it all and really am pleased as punch to receive such great stuff my friend!

S

And i was lucky enough to received more than a boxful of goodies from Closettiki!

Between the hula guy bobber, coconut monkey bank, tourist plate, salt & pepper/tray monkey pod set, inflatable palm tree, SHAG sticker and door knob sign it had a ton of tiki kitsch which i love so much.

Glad to also be gifted not just one but 7 mugs/shots which included a Cheeseburger in Paradise mug (one that i wanted and didnt own), a moai, Warehouse barrel, 4 shots included the little handled one whose paint job I really dig.

Thank you for the overabundance of goodies and for swapping so well!

I loved my package and really appreciate it!!

Wow. I tried to hold off for a better camera, but mine is out for the count.
Dan and Wendy - wow...just WOW. A sweet letter, and #48/50 Tiki Bob napkin decanter.
I WILL post better pics, but those who aren't familiar with it, the sculpt started life somewhere around here: http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=38423&forum=18&start=165&hilite=tiki%20bob%20decanter

I'm just in awe. Now I have a place to put my dark rum.

Thanks a 1000 times you guys! I love your work! (and your house!)

Ukutiki: Glad you like the mugs. I don't have access to much in AZ so it was a nice to see you were after some Kon-Tiki items.

To my swapper: I came home from work today to find a "your package is being held at the post office - come and get it" notice. I'm super excited to get my box.....but I'm on a plane to Sydney first thing in the morning and won't be around until the end of next week! I know, poor me, right? So, I just wanted to say thank you in advance. I'm not neglecting to post photos because I'm being rude, I'm just not reasonably close to my local post office.

So thanks again, the box is here(ish), and I'll post pics and more thanks next weekend.

HOK

On 2012-05-07 13:52, SandraDee wrote:
Leleliz received this package of awesomeness from House of Ku. Freddie here is what she wanted to tell ya:

Freddie what an awesome box! Mahalo! Mahalo! Mahalo!

Glad you like your Mug Swap Box :) The shell lei is from the early 80's Tahiti and that brass Tiki was made by the company that bought the Coco Joe name
at the bankruptcy sale years ago. Mightbe in the catalog in simulated lava...
The tiki Carver was made by Pacific Fine Arts...Should be marked and even has a signiture on the figure...Enjoy!

Freddie Out! :o

Hi Tiki-Atari, I'm super happy you like the decanter. We learned how to make 6 piece molds with that design. Thank you for posting the link to my how to make it thread. I hope to see your name pop up in posts there in the future so we don't loose touch.

Hey Pikey's Dog life is strange that you have gotten us two years in a row. We must be very lucky. Dan didn't share a single thing with me. I had told him the box coming was a reward for all his hard work on my projects. He did indeed feel rewarded.

Sorry for the topless shot but you know I have to have a model for my work!

If you have a chance please tell me more about the War God Club mug we have never seen it before.

Thank you very much, Wendy

On 2012-05-04 19:47, HOUSE OF KU wrote:
My package has arrived! :) Mahalo Lorilovestiki!!

My cache includes 2 ceramic mugs, 2 lg Tiki tumblers, 4 shot cups,a handful of neon straws w/flowers, tiki ice tray....

Aaand a cool solar/light activated Hula Girl!!

Thankyou Lori and welcome to TikiCentral! Special thanks to SandraDee for organizing another Swap. Freddie

Freddie, you are most welcome and WOW did you make the stuff I sent look AMAZING!!! You're a great photographer!

G

Got my package from ExquisiteCorpse!

I've wanted a Fu Manchu forever! I also don't have that version of the Trader Vic's Coconut - very cool and strange. Tons of swizzles and cool palm cards - and some shots that didn't make it into the picture.

gabbahey

T

My package arrived over the weekend... just had a chance to post pix now.

Huge Mahalos to Pittsburgh Pauly for the incredible haul!

There were lots of items from the Pittsburgh area, including an Andy Warhol teddy bear and some menus... one from Chin's and one from Moy's Cove. Also some cool Hawaii coasters and a little Coco Joe's figure.

Lots of ephemera... and I LOVE ephemera... from all over the planet! from Mai Kai stickers, napkin and brochure to flyers from trader Vic's Scottsdale and even Dubai!

A massive amount of matchbooks, including vintage Vegas venues!

A dizzying array of swizzles, including the Castaways, Hawaiian Isle, and the Kahiki! Even a TWA propeller swizzle! Cool!

And two cool mugs!
One from Tiki Lounge, Pittsburgh, PA and one from Tiki Bar at Kaanapali Beach Hotel, Maui

Mahalos Mahalos Mahalos Pittsburgh Pauly!!! I'm totally overwhelmed by all the amazing stuff!!!

N

My package o' tiki goodness arrived safely.

TV coconut mug (I'm coo coo for coconut mugs), from the Kon-Tiki (Daga) and a bamboo mug with the Hawaiian Islands

Maori carving, Coco Joe's pineapple (I love pineapples!) and doodads

napkins, swizzles, postcards, et al.

Fabulous package. I love everything.

Thanks Slacks Ferret.

[ Edited by: Naneki 2012-05-08 12:10 ]

PD

If you have a chance please tell me more about the War God Club mug we have never seen it before.

Thank you very much, Wendy

Hi Wendy,

Glad to see the mug arrived in one piece!

I believe the mug was made by Cheekytiki for Kukui in Oxford, but was never used as the local Council introduced a "No Glass" rule for late night venues.

I managed to snag a couple off eBay when they were selling off their stock a couple of years ago - you are now the proud owners of my only spare :wink:

Cheers,
Joe.

[ Edited by: Pikeys Dog 2012-05-08 17:35 ]

Wow Joe, that's special. Thank you very much. Maybe next year our name will be drawn for you so we may keep this connection going. We look at the plate you made for us last year every day. Cheers, Wendy

On 2012-05-08 09:55, gabbahey wrote:

I've wanted a Fu Manchu forever! I also don't have that version of the Trader Vic's Coconut - very cool and strange.
gabbahey

Glade i was able to send you two mugs you didn't have!

On 2012-05-08 09:55, gabbahey wrote:

I've wanted a Fu Manchu forever! I also don't have that version of the Trader Vic's Coconut - very cool and strange.
gabbahey

Glade i was able to send you two mugs you didn't have!

G

Yeah, thanks! They are both really cool.

gabbahey

October sent me all of this awesome stuff

I really love the mug and the shirt! The tikiaki dvd will be playing at my next luau.

I received my box o goodies today from Tikipops
thank you so much for the tiki treasures...including a coconut mug,a parrot mug some great swizzles and a water activated growing hula girl....Fun

Alright, arrived from my overseas trip late last night. Went to the post office first thing, hoping my trade box was still there as it's been over a week now. Tiki's about the exotic, right? I knew I was onto something good then when I saw the postage:

It looks like customs got curious...

And viola!

From Atomic Tony Tiki - a Tiki Farm Kai-Kanak/Happy Cannibal mug designed by none other than Atomic Tony Tiki; a very cool modern moai mug (no markings); an Yma Sumac painting by Atomic Tony Tiki; and the best surprise....Thai food! Pad Thai sauce (with english directions, thankfully!) and some peanuts and fish Tom Yum Crisp. I'm guessing it's a snack to be eaten out the bag (no english on that one). Looking forward to finding out.

Thanks you very much ATT for the fantastic box!!

Glad you like the presents, the modern moai are really common here in Thailand but strangely get used as votive vases in buddhist temples.

There is almost no tiki ephemera here, so I went with whats best from Thailand the food. Everyone knows Phad Thai but I think the peanuts with dried fish gives you a true experience of Thai cuisine, great food with odd ingredients. "This noodle soups lovely, what's the brown stuff? Oh! congealed blood cake. This dipping sauce is tasty, what's it made of? Ah fermented fish stomachs. Those doughnuts look great, what's the filling? Hot Dog and custard, are you insane?"

S

Besides Atomictonytiki and Pikey's Dog is anyone else waiting for their boxes still?

I meant to check in a while ago but got busy.

Let me know please :)

Also keep in mind that this is the last swap I will organize so if anyone is looking to take over the swaps going forward please feel free to step up and do so.

I can send you all the shipping information I have saved from the past swaps to make it easier to match people.

Its been a fun run but I really think its time to let someone else take over :)

Pages: 1 2 84 replies