Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Vintage Hawaiian Light-Up Wall Picture - Waikiki Beach

Pages: 1 10 replies

V

You are looking at a vintage light-up wall picture of Hawaii's Waikiki Beach, circa late 1950s / very early 1960s. My father acquired this around the time of my birth in 1961 and I remember it as a child, so I know it dates back to at least early 1960s. It has a nice wood frame and the entire front is glass over the picture. It lights up and has an on/off switch. I don't know actual sizes, but I would estimate it is 4' x 3' and is pretty heavy.

Extremely cool piece that would look great in your Hawaiian themed room or restaurant! You will need a pickup truck or similar to transport this item. Shipping is just not practical for this item. This is located in Westchester, IL.

Pictures below may contain reflections and are not defects in the item itself. Only the framed picture is for sale; none of the other items pictured are for sale with this item.

Asking $300 or best offer.

Thanks for looking!

I would suggest you contact hala kahiki in river grove or chef shangri-la in north riverside .... they have room for an item like this. Also, lettuce entertain you corp. is opening a new tiki bar in the river north area this spring. Though they are not going the kitschy route with the decor, this picture is still classy enough and would look great as a focal point in the most minimally decorated room.

V

On 2012-03-29 11:07, Tipsy McStagger wrote:

I would suggest you contact hala kahiki in river grove or chef shangri-la in north riverside .... they have room for an item like this. Also, lettuce entertain you corp. is opening a new tiki bar in the river north area this spring. Though they are not going the kitschy route with the decor, this picture is still classy enough and would look great as a focal point in the most minimally decorated room.

Great suggestions, thank you!

J

Does the lighting system work?

V

On 2012-03-30 08:32, jokeiii wrote:
Does the lighting system work?

Yes, it works.

hey deuce - check your personal messages here on t.c..... got a question for you.

V

bump, still available!

VDuece ...sent you pm .

I just love when people register with TC just to list something for sale,
and then never check their comments on thier post ,PM's or emails ...brilliant !

Thanks for response and email Jeff.

V

Yep, sorry for the delays getting back to people. Got my hands full with my Dad's estate matters. I will return the emails and PMs.

Regards,

Jeff

Pages: 1 10 replies