Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Damon's turns 75 on June 9th, 2012

Pages: 1 14 replies

Anyone have any idea if there's anything happening? Band? Party? Mug? It's a Saturday night too.

M

I just SENT an email. [email protected]
Maybe some one can call them;

Address & Phone Number:
317 North Brand Blvd. Glendale, CA 91203
Ph. (818) 507-1510 Fx. (818) 240-0087

M

Here is the reply I got; "Yes, this is the big year. We will be having a special anniversary event, although I'm not sure just yet what night it will be, as well as specials all that week or month. We're still working on the details so unless you object I'll add your email address to our distribution list to make sure you receive notification of the events. We won't overwhelm you with emails or share your info with anyone I promise just an email once every month or two to advertise specials. Thanks for asking!"

So, anyone interested in the 75th, I would recommend you email Damon's and ask to be put on their email list. :)

We were just there for the first time and we want to go back. Here are a couple of photos. Wendy

B

So is anybody going to this? I signed up for their emails but only received a coupon for a $1 Mai Tai for my birthday.

We're actually going to be out in LA over this coming weekend; when I found this thread, I
sent an email to Damon's and was told they'll have a celebration on Saturday evening June 10th.
They said the first Mai Tai is a dollar.

I asked if they're going to have bands playing or a special mug or anything for the event; I'll be sure to post if any other details emerge...

--Pete

CJ

I'm down!

B

Saturday the 9th or Sunday the 10th? I would assume Saturday.

We're going to be there I think. I've had a table booked for ages in anticipation. Shame they're not playing it up more.

We're going to be there I think. I've had a table booked for ages in anticipation. Shame they're not playing it up more.

L
lava posted on Thu, Jun 7, 2012 4:50 PM

Just got a coupon
$10 petit filet. (its very good)
First MaiTai is $1.

L
lava posted on Fri, Jun 8, 2012 4:24 PM

Stopped in to Damon's talked to the MGR and got some souvenir glasses before they start selling. They have only 300 but gave one to the employees 30-50? and sold me 6 so that means less than 300. The $1 MaiTai's are on saturday-sun-mon.
Hay Crazy Al, I guess they are planning on a remodel. I told the Mgr to get you to carve a masterpiece for them. He was plenty buttered up about your work by the time I left. Go in and close the deal. You know where it is I hear! If it happens send me a thank you note - wrapped in one of your mugs!
P.S. The mugs are $10ea plus the cost of a MaiTai if you want to use it right away. I talked to the Mgr about Tiki Central/ the Tiki movement & got mine for $6ea.
You are welcome to try the same. The glass is actually their beer glass not the MaiTai tumbler. And they stack nice.

Anyone going tommorrow, Sat. night? We have reservations at 7.

B

Having to make it an early dinner. I'll be there at 5:30.

S

I hesitate making a new thread, as to not break any rules so I'm replying here :wink:

I saw that Damon's is celebrating their 76th Anniversary on June 15th. 11am to 11pm

$15 Filet Mignon - $4 Mai Tai - $4 Chi Chi

They said on Facebook that there are more things to be announced (perhaps that Mug release??)

Pages: 1 14 replies