Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

BODY GLOVE Tiki-Mug Release Party! in Kailua-Kona Oct 24th-25th 2013! pg 2

Pages: 1 2 3 117 replies

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE!
SKIP to HAWAII-WEEN 2 on page 2!

Please come to the art show at the local gallery which carries my art here in the historic fishing village of Kailua-Kona, Hawaii- the Wyland Kona Ocean Front Gallery -
may 25th -
Show specials!

I will be posting more of the work as I get it done (in time I HOPE!) for the show.
Hope to see you there!
Big Aloha!
B tiki-shark P

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-04-11 02:49 ]

[ Edited by: tiki shark art 2013-05-13 15:47 ]

Will plan on stopping by, Brad.

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

"Hawaiian Eye"
24" x 30"
Giclee on canvas
(Hawaiian Eye won entry into SPECTRUM the YEAR Best in Fantastic Contemporary Art)

Big Art Show at the WYLAND KONA OCEANFRONT GALLERY. May 25th, Friday night. 6 to 9:30PM Wine, cheese and art!
Wyland Kona Oceanfront Gallery
75-5770 Alii Dr
Kailua Kona, HI 96740-1782
Phone – (808) 334-0037
Toll Free – (888) 435-6612
Email – [email protected]
Gallery web site: http://www.wylandbigisland.com/
Or contact me at [email protected]

ALOHA, MAHALO and hope to see you in LA!
B tiki-shark P

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2012-05-24 22:01 ]

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2012-05-24 22:07 ]

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE!
ALOHA TIKI TRIBE! (echos off green volcanic cliffs and jungle mountains that look like giant skulls with water falls leaping out of their gaping maws)

"Faster Than Disaster"
24" x 30"
Limited edition
Signed, numbered, certificate included
Giclee on canvas

Big Art Show at the WYLAND KONA OCEANFRONT GALLERY. May 25th, Friday night. 6 to 9:30PM Wine, cheese and art!
75-5770 Alii Dr
Phone – (808) 334-0037

BIG ALOHA, hope you can drop in!
Brad Tiki-shark Parker

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2012-05-24 22:06 ]

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE!
ALOHA TIKI TRIBE! (echos off green volcanic cliffs and jungle mountains that look like giant skulls with water falls leaping out of their gaping maws, while tropical birds make strange calls in the dark green mysterious regions of the inner island)

The Wyland Kona Oceanfront Gallery was the only gallery on the Big Island that took a chance and carried my "low-brow" art when most galleries here could not be bothered. It was a up hill fight to get "tiki-art" shown here in Hawaii! Very strange, but most galleries have a tunnel vision of what tourists will buy, and do not like taking a chance on anything that has not already sold for the lst 20 years.

I was told flat out that "TIKI" was dead and would not sell in Hawaii.

I'm glad to say the Wyland Kona gallery has proven that is not true. I started on a small area on a wall in the middle of the gallery, then got moved to the front, then moved to the front window area. Now I'm one of the most displayed artists (next to the big guy - Wyland - in the gallery. BIG thanks to owner Mark Hanna and his sales team for taking a chance on me and my "weirdo-low-brow poly-pop-surreal art".
Limited editions
Giclee on canvas and paper

75-5770 Alii Dr
Phone – (808) 334-0037

Brad Tiki-shark Parker

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE!
ALOHA TIKI TRIBE! (echos off green volcanic cliffs and jungle mountains that look like giant skulls with water falls leaping out of their gaping maws, while strange tropical birds make strange calls in the dark green mysterious regions of the inner island)

ART SHOW!

The Wyland Kona Oceanfront Gallery was the only gallery on the Big Island that took a chance and carried my "low-brow" art when most galleries here could not be bothered. It was a up hill fight to get "tiki-art" shown here in Hawaii! Very strange, but most galleries have a tunnel vision of what tourists will buy, and do not like taking a chance on anything that has not already sold for the last 20 years.

I was told flat out that "TIKI" was dead and would not sell in Hawaii. (can you even grasp what a backward mind set that is?)

I'm glad to say the Wyland Kona gallery has proven that is not true. I started on a small area on a wall in the middle of the gallery, then got moved to the front, then moved to the front window area. Now I'm one of the most displayed artists (next to the big guy - Wyland - in the gallery. BIG thanks to owner Mark Hanna and his sales team for taking a chance on me and my "weirdo-low-brow poly-pop-surreal art".

"Frankenstein goes to Hawaii"
Limited editions

75-5770 Alii Dr
Phone – (808) 334-0037

Brad Tiki-shark Parker

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE!
ALOHA TIKI TRIBE! (echos off green volcanic cliffs and jungle mountains that look like giant skulls with water falls leaping out of their gaping maws, while strange weird tropical birds utter strange calls in the swirling misty green mysterious regions of the inner island)

ART SHOW!

The Wyland Kona Oceanfront Gallery was the only gallery on the Big Island that took a chance and carried my "low-brow" art when most galleries here could not be bothered. It was a up hill fight to get "tiki-art" shown here in Hawaii! Very strange, but most galleries have a tunnel vision of what tourists will buy, and do not like taking a chance on anything that has not already sold for the last 20 years.

I was told flat out that "TIKI" was dead and would not sell in Hawaii. (can you even grasp what a backward mind set that is?)

"Hula Baby
24" x 30"
Giclee on Canvas"
Limited editions

75-5770 Alii Dr
Phone – (808) 334-0037

Brad Tiki-shark Parker

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE!
ALOHA TIKI TRIBE! (echos off green volcanic cliffs and jungle mountains that look like giant skulls with water falls leaping out of their gaping maws, while strange weird tropical birds utter strange calls in the swirling misty green mysterious regions of the inner island)

ART SHOW! (with lots of TIKI ART in with the other "tourist art")

An art show in the historic sleepy fishing village of Kailua-Kona Hawaii, at the Wyland Kona Oceanfront Gallery.

I was told flat out that "TIKI" was dead and would not sell in Hawaii.

BEST OF THE WEST art show
Limited editions

75-5770 Alii Dr
Phone – (808) 334-0037

Brad Tiki-shark Parker

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE!
A L O H A T I K I T R I B E !
(that's the echos off lush emerald volcanic jungle cliffs and mountains that look like giant skulls with water falls rushing out of their gaping toothy maws, while strangely weird tropical birds utter almost human calls from in the dusky swirling misty green haunted regions of the inner island's moss covered ruins and idols)

Down on the sunny beach, "So what's all the shouting about?" you ask as you sip a Mai Tai and glance back toward the jungle.

ART SHOW! That's what! (art show with lots of TIKI ART mixed in with some other "tourist art")

An art show in the historic sleepy fishing village of Kailua-Kona Hawaii, on the Big Island of Hawaii, at the Wyland Kona Oceanfront Gallery.

BTW - The Wyland Kona Oceanfront Gallery was the only gallery on the Big Island that took a chance and carried my "low-brow" TIKI art when most galleries here could not be bothered. It was a up hill fight to get "tiki-art" shown here in Hawaii! Very strange, but most galleries have a tunnel vision of what tourists will buy, and do not like taking a chance on anything that has not already sold for the last 20 years.

I was told flat out that "TIKI" was dead, and would not sell in Hawaii.

I'm glad to say the Wyland Kona gallery has proved that is not true.

I started on a small area on a wall in the middle of the Wyland gallery, on probation kinda, then got moved to the front, then moved to the front window area.

Now I'm one of the most displayed artists (next to the big guy - Wyland - in the gallery.)

BIG MAHALO & thanks to owner Mark Hanna and his sales team for taking a chance on me and my "weirdo-low-brow poly-pop-surreal TIKI art".

Limited editions
Signed, numbered, certificates included
Giclee on canvas and paper Plus originals

Even the central islands - like Oahu and Maui are admitting TIKI is not dead.

This issue featured an article on "The Tiki Tribe" and interviewed me as one of the "artists" in this Tiki underground culture.

Big Art Show at the WYLAND KONA OCEANFRONT GALLERY. May 25th, Friday night. 6 to 9:30PM Wine, cheese, and art!
75-5770 Alii Dr
Phone – (808) 334-0037

Brad Tiki-shark Parker

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE!

Wyland Kona Ocean Front Gallery owner Mark Hanna hosted a BIG "Aloha Friday" Art night - tonight!

Kona rolled out the red carpet for the local art celebs: me on da left, "Kona Lisa" art model in the middle, her portrait "Zombie Tiki Girl" next to her, and the master of the feast, Mark Hanna, Gallery owner.

Paparazzi showed up for the HUGE event (for the historic sleepy fishing village of Kona! *note mad crush of extra hands to take our photos - it was a mad house I tell ya'- a total mad house!)

Art patron, and good friend, and occasional art model, JEN bought a limited edition giclee on canvas of award winning image "Hawaiian Eye".
Big Mahalo to everyone who took time to come out on a beautiful tropical Friday Night evening and spend time drinking wine, eating cheese, and gawking at, and buying some art - Mark told me it was one of the best "Friday night art night's" event ever!)
ALOHA! MAHALO! Thanks to all the great folks who packed the gallery tonight... this gorgeous tropical Hawaiian night..... U R ALL da' very BEST!

ALOHA TIKI TRIbE! HAD A GREAT TIME at the WYKAND ~ maybe the best time so far for a local show,.

Hope I got to spend a little time with everyone who took the time out of their Friday night and stopped in to say aloha, see the wok in person, and yeah, I guess you can tell the difference tween a really high end giclee on a canvas and an original - after about 7 people pointed it out to me! yeah... nothing like a one of a kind original. I think...... maybe I'm finally learning to paint...a nd it's making difference. And of course, a very big special ALOJJ+HA MAHAO NIU for the poplem wo bought magnets... postcards... gicee on paper and ultra swank giclee on canvas... and super utra -duper swanky original acrylic on canvas!
(
!!! AND A VERY big mahalo to the wonderful sales staff and art experts at the Wyland Kona Gallery. And a special kudos to my tiki-sista PAM!) I know when I arrived a few years back with some of the WEIRDEST art they had ever seen... and it was like nothing like what they were currenty showing in their gallery... they really did not...er....!! really didn't know a whole lot about the "low brow" and "tiki art" subculture. (to say the least!!!) And it has not been an easy learning process on both sides.

But, I will always remember that first meeting Abbas (my partner/art agent) and I had with Mark Hanna the Wyland Kona gallery owner. We went into a back room, I pulled out all these originals AND some high end giclees on canvas... and I will always, always remember Mark's face.... it changed. It went from the polite (oh gosh I gotta look at ANOTHER "OKAY" painting of a Hawaiian land scape or a sea turtle...yet again, and find a nice way to tell them we already have several very, extremely, good artists painting that exact thing...) and then he saw my stuff. His jaw fell open and he got this look like a little kid gets then they sees a really cool toy robot for the first time.... It was sort of a confused look. Like "You can't Pant THAT and get away with it... can you?"

Thanks for that look Mark. Thanks for showing my work in the front window.
Big Aloha, and Mahalo nui!

now... wow... now they have Martin Denny playing on the sound system when I just stop in... and they are now telling me about "hey did you see the latest issue of Tiki Magazine or Hi Furctose yet? "

Wow, what a change! I feel really at home here, and owner Mark Hanna and Jill Weiss (Art consultant) have been really a big part of this. Thanks!
75-5770 Alii Dr
Phone – (808) 334-0037

[ Edited by: tiki shark art 2013-06-14 02:08 ]

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE! & HAPPY ALOHA FRIDAY!
Check out the up coming event this month at my local gallery...

If you find yourself wandering around ship wrecked on the volcanic Big island, stumble over to the sleeping fishing village of Kailua-Kona, and find the Wyland Kona OceanFront Gallery. We'll have tiki torches and Jack-o-lanterns!

Aloha!
Tiki Shark

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE!

OCTOBER 26th!
HAWAII-WEEN art show!
Check it out!
75-5770 Alii Dr
Phone – (808) 334-0037

"Hawaii-Ween"
Giclee on Canvas

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE!

Made up fliers, spread 'em out around town. The usual places. Places folks will seem 'em. The Gallery has some, the popular local cafe right on Kona bay has it up, the P.O. Box place has 'it on the door. Body Glove Cruises has it on their door too, Kona Used Books, Barber shop, Tattoo parlor, the Irie smoke shop, and the Donkey Mill Art Center... places where people who would dig Low-Brow and Tiki Art could see it. Now, we hope people do see it, and get curious. Big Aloha and thanks to the really great and friendly folks in town who support my work!
OCTOBER 26th!
HAWAII-WEEN art show!
Check it out!
75-5770 Alii Dr
Phone – (808) 334-0037

Brad (Tiki Shark) Parker
"Brad Parker creates lurid paintings that pull in influences from tiki, comics, and rock."

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2012-10-19 18:07 ]

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2012-10-19 18:09 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

Want to hear the local radio spot on Big Island radio promoting the "Hawaii-Ween Art Show?
You can find it on my face book page here:

http://www.facebook.com/bradtikisharkparker?ref=tn_tnmn

A-LO-HA!

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE!
Come on down and take a eyeball at the Wyland Kona Web site with info on my Oct Art Show...

http://www.wylandbigisland.com/monthly_specials.html

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
"Hawaii-Ween" art show this October ... more info can be surfed at this web site...

Aloha!
Tiki-Shark

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2012-10-20 23:50 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
If you are surfing the web ... eyeball the Wyland Kona Oceanfront Gallery Web site to see what (or guess who) is having an ART SHOW this October 26th!

Hint: the Show's name is "HAWAII-WEEN"
Hope 2 C U there!
Mahalo & Aloha!
Tiki-Shark

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2012-10-20 23:47 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
5 more days till "Hawaii-Ween"!

go to my face book page and listen to the "radio spot" that plays on local Big Island radio for the art event.
http://www.facebook.com/bradtikisharkparker?ref=tn_tnmn
A-LO-HA!
BP

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

4 DAYZ till "HAWAII-WEEN"!

The Wyland Kona Oceanfront Gallery is where it'll happen, and here's a PRESS RELEASE the local paper is running.
WYLAND OCEANFRONT GALLERY
(808)728-2580 FAX (808)329-5398
Entertainment Calendar Brief
Wyland Oceanfront Gallery hosts first ever Halloween art Exhibition

"Wyland Oceanfront Gallery is hosting its first ever Halloween Art Exhibition for the first time in its 22 year history. The gallery will be presenting “Hawaiiween” with Big Island local favorite Brad “Tiki Shark” Parker who will be unveiling some very scary art created especially for this exciting event. Brad "Tiki Shark" Parker paints "Low Brow Art" about the Modern Tiki culture. He has worked 
in several types of media: writing, penciling, inking, coloring, and editing comic books such as Marvel and DC Comics. His entire line of artwork is always on display at the gallery.

The festivities start at 6PM until 9:30PM Friday October 26th at Wyland Oceanfront Gallery 75-5770 on Alii Dr. at Waterfront Row. “Halloween has always been about creative ‘artsy’ costumes, yah, and we’re just taking it to the next level,” says gallery owner Mark Hanna. “This is going to be so much fun with some of the characters from Brad’s artwork coming to life in the form of costumes being worn by the staff.”

There will be lots of tricks and treats and special pricing on all the fun & scary artwork on display at this special event. There will also be wine & cheese and soft drinks & pupu’s for all that attend and help judge the most creative costume."

Should be Fun!
A-LO-HA, C U there!
B Tiki-Shark P~

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
Oh, u can tell it's "Holiday time" here on the Big Island...

...the menehunes have been "Decking the halls" with "Tiki Art"...

The Wyland Kona will have each of the rare & swanky "Monster" skate decks for this Halloween Art event.

The Creature of Kona, Frankie, and all their friends will be there...

Here I am doing' an early "Meet N' Greet N Trick or Treat"!

The Party is this FRIDAY ...

C U There.........

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2012-10-24 21:25 ]

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE!
Ready?

HAWAII-WEEN is this October 26th, the "Freaky Tiki-y Friday Fright Night" at the Wyland Kona Oceanfront Gallery!
Tricks & Treats by the BAT-LOAD! Chillingly Low Unearthly Discounts on the "Mind Warping-Poly-Pop-Surrealistic-Low-Brow-Tiki-Art" of Brad Tiki-Shark Parker!

75-5770 Alii Dr
Phone – (808) 334-0037
Aloha!
Be there or BE-WA-RE!

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2012-10-25 20:38 ]

TS

Alooooohaaa Brad. Just checked into the Waikoloa Bay Club. We should be there around 7:00 or so. Look forward to meeting with you.
Might have to stop by Okolemaluna first though.
Tiki Slob

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
"HAWAII-WEEN"
At the Wyland Kona Gallery was a BLAST!
Thanx for stopping in Tiki Slob, and Mrs Tiki Slob... we had a blast!

A lot of "The Pretty People" on the island showed up.

Thanks to the Wyland Kona Gallery folks who dressed up the place - yes that IS a giant bat hangin' in the window..

So, next to the nice paintings of Wyland's Whale tails, we had skulls, and giant rats, and Jack-o-lanterns I carved up.

Think I carved up six of 'em.. (too much rum, too much Halloween candy...I lost count...)

We gave out candy, and booze, and calendars and stuff..

But not everyone was happy about changing the gallery I guess...

Got to show off my latest finished painting! (Hawaiian Eye , Episode Two)

"Bela Lugosi" was a big hit of course...

A lot of folks came in costume... I think, (er... I hope!)

And some folks came ready to PARTY!

Some real local talent came in too..

And what can I say to the gallery staff who dressed up as characters out of my paintings...wow!

Rogues gallery!

Big Thanks & Aloha to everyone who came out!

Really, I never thought I'd see people dressed up as my paintings...

Totally amazing!

Some local tiki culture celebs showed up (aloha & Thanks Doug!)

Maybe best costume was Pam as "Tiki Cat" ... really too cool!

Now these are Tiki Tribe Folks fer Shure!

We had a MONSTER of a GOOD TIME!

Thanks to Jim & Holly & the Girls - so glad you like the new painting! And I'm so glad it's going to a good home!

Local Tattoo Artist Kilauea dropped in to add some "cool-ness" to the event.

Now, I'm not saying the guy who runs the gallery is a blood sucking vampire... but... well...
HEY! "HAWAII-WEEN" at the Wyland? WHAT a BLAST!

I know we said it was the "first Annual Hawaii-Ween" - well, if they are all that much fun, Jeeze, put me down for the next one!
It was a fantastic good time : the best-est Halloween... in a long while... wow, with the costumes of my paintings, I'm still in a little bit of shock ... I was blown away. (sniff!) !!!

Sorry you missed it? We are too! Next year... Big Island..

"Hawaii-Ween" at the Wyland Kona Oceanfront Gallery!
75-5770 Alii Dr
Phone – (808) 334-0037

Hawaii-Ween sales still going on till the 31st!

Big BIG aloha!
Brad Tiki-Shark Parker

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-04-11 03:07 ]

Brad,
Mrs. Slob and I had a screaming great time last night at the opening. Your art is the highest grade of low brow art to be found. We ordered a copy of my personal favorite work, CAT OF NINE COCKTAILS (above my head in the photo in case others have not seen that one). Thanks for the "feverish" story behind the sharks and all. Can't wait for it to arrive. Mahalos brudda Brad. I know you will be brining more fantastic art to us in the future.
TS

Oh yeah. We never made it to Okolemaluna. We were devastated to hear that they went bottoms up. Gonna miss that place. KC at Bongo Ben's told me that someone is going to open an Okolemaluna in Nebraska. Nebraska could probably use some excellent Tiki.
A hui ho,

[ Edited by: Tiki Slob 2012-10-27 11:37 ]

Tiki Cat and Me

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
TIKI-MUG / HAWAII-WEEN Event!

It's time to start thinking about the 2nd annual "HAWAII-WEEN"!
October 24th, thursday - Royal Kona Resort, Kailua-Kona Hawaii.
October 25th Friday - The Wyland Kona Oceanfront Gallery". Kailua-Kona Hawaii.

It's "the Body Glove Kreature in Kona Halloween, and Tiki-Mug release Party!"

So, I designed a set of 3 Tiki-Mugs with Tiki Farm.

They feature Body glove's 60 year Anniversary!

I based the mugs on a painting I was making for Body Glove,

"Sea Creature"
Acrylic on canvas
24" x 30"

The painting was inspired by Body Glove's award winning short film "The Disappearance" - a 7 minute short surfer/monster movie.

Here's the fright flick: http://surf.transworld.net/1000151561/videos/imaginarium-body-gloves-the-disappearance/
After that you can change your surf-shorts, and watch the "making of..." here: http://surf.transworld.net/1000151677/videos/imaginarium-behind-the-scenes-with-body-glove/

Now my art agent, Abbas (the hardest working man in tiki-Art), is arranging a "Tiki-Mug Release Party", with the folks from Body Glove, and the Body Glove Sea Creature,
and I want to sell art prints of the painting, and make a limited edition "event poster", and some event tee-shirts, to sell along with the set of 3 Tiki-Mugs.

Plus maybe a red carpet full screening of the full lenght feature of "The Disappearance" that Todd Browning (surfer/director) & Body Glove is making right now.

So it's a two night party, night one is thurs Oct 24th at the Royal Kona Resort - where we hope to have live music by Henry Kopono (he's big here),
plus sell limited edition tiki-swag, and you'll be able to get your posters and mugs signed by me (Brad Tiki-shark Parker) and the owners of Body Glove, and get your photo taken with the Body Glove SEA CREATURE!

THEN... Friday Oct 25th, at the "Wyland Kona OceanFront Gallery";
...with the Body Glove folks & Sea Creature. It's "the 2nd Annual Hawaii-Ween Party".

IT'll be a blast.

Last year got kinda' wild.

If you guys ever were thinking of making it to Kailua-Kona on the Big Island,
Oct 24th & 25th 2013, would be ideal.
Abbas is working on getting special low rates at the Royal Kona Resort for tiki tribe members... http://www.royalkona.com

There'll be more info here as time goes on.

The Wyland Kona Oceanfront Gallery
75-5770 Alii Dr
Kailua Kona, Hawaii 96740-1782
USA
Phone – (808) 334-0037
Email - [email protected]
or

Hope 2 C U There!
ALOHA!

Brad (Tiki Shark) Parker
"Brad Parker creates lurid paintings that pull in influences from tiki, comics, and rock."

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-04-17 02:47 ]

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE,
HERE IS A SNEAK PEEK AT THE 2ND TIKI MUG... THE "SHARK-TIKI" TIKI MUG!

"The SHARK-TIKI Tiki Mug.

Order your set now from the Wyland Kona Ocean Front Gallery!
75-5770 Alii Dr
USA
Phone – (808) 334-0037
or

(These are gonna go fast!)
BP

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-04-17 21:22 ]

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE!
Here is the designs and the mock-up of the 3rd and final tiki mug in the Body Glove 60th Anniversary Sea Creature Mug Set!

Sea Creature pencils #1

Sea Creature Tiki Mug pencils #2

And the amazing computer mock up of the final mug from Tiki Farm!

Order your set now from the Wyland Kona Ocean Front Gallery!
75-5770 Alii Dr
USA
Phone – (808) 334-0037
or

CHECK it out TIKI TRIBE!
Here is... the complete set of the 3 "Body Glove 60 Year anniversary / Sea Creature Tiki Mugs"!
Mug #1

The Body Glove 60 year anniversary Tiki-Mug

Mug #2

the "Shark-Tiki" tiki mug
Mug #3

The Body Glove Sea Creature Tiki Mug!

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
BODY GLOVE 60 year Anniversary / Sea Creature Tiki-Mug set release party!
Oct 24th & 25th.
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
First night is at the Royal Kona Restort, 2nd night is at the Wyland Kona Ocean Front Gallery
The mugs ...

#1 The Body Glove 60 year Anniversary Mug

#2 The "Shark-Tiki" tiki mug

and #3 "The Body Glove Sea Creature!"
All the mugs were based on designs by Brad Tiki-Shark Parker, and are based on his "Tiki Art" painting

"The Body Glove Sea Creature"
Acrylic on canvas
24" x 30"

Art prints will be for sale, as well as a new up coming "Event posters" to get autographed at the event.

The Painting was inspired by the Body Glove short surf film "The Disappearance"

• a short film made my buddy: Body Glove (Pro- Surfer/writer/director) Greg Browning, for the Trans-World Surf Film contest, and it took first place!

Here's the fright flick:
http://surf.transworld.net/1000151561/videos/imaginarium-body-gloves-the-disappearance/

After that you can change your surf-shorts, and watch the "making of..." here: http://surf.transworld.net/1000151677/videos/imaginarium-behind-the-scenes-with-body-glove/

Come to the event, get your mugs signed by the owners of Body Glove, the film makers, a photo with the Sea Creature, your "Limited edition event poster" autographed by every one, a tee shirt... all kinds of fun!

OR....If you want to pre-order the mug sets, or an limited edition art print please contact:

You can find them here:
75-5770 Alii Dr
Phone – (808) 334-0037
Email – jillW@WylandBigIsland
ALOHA!

[ Edited by: tiki shark art 2013-09-06 22:55 ]

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE!
...are you looking for some release?
Well...
HOW ABOUT THIS?

The BODY GLOVE Tiki-Mug Release Party!

(The BODY GLOVE 60th ANNIVERSARY Tiki-Mug)
We are getting a GREAT and special (TIKI TRIBE) $ RATE FOR rooms at THE ROYAL KONA RESORT for the event!
A secret CODE will be announced HERE so stay tuned!

(design of the "SHARK-TIKI" Tiki-Mug)
Dates are Oct 24th at the Royal Kona Resort and Oct 25th at the Wyland Kona Ocean Front Gallery.
You will have to book by Sept 25th to get the special rate.

(The BODY GLOVE SEA CREATURE Tiki-Mug!)

What is the Body Glove Sea Creature? Well, ....it's in a short film that was about surfing, but also had a monster in it!

So, At the event we will have Bill Meistral: Owner of Body Glove to sign the 60th anniversary Body Glove Tiki-Mugs, and posters and such, (por-surfer/director) Greg Browning (I hope) to sign as well, several other Body Glove famous folks, and ME (da' designer of the mugs. painting, etc) , and ...

...THE BODY GLOVE SEA CREATURE! So bring a camera!

We will also have LIVE MUSIC! (shhhh... I not supposed to promise my favorite local Hawaiian Rocker, Henry Kopono, because he's gonna be on tour, but he wants to come play , however, we'll still just have to wait and see if the mega-super-amazing Henry Kopono can make this gig - (I hope I hope I hope!! ohmygosh please!) maybe...Anyways also there will be swanky Art Prints, a very limited edition Event poster to have everyone there sign...all kinds of fun (the Royal Kona is even thinking of making an original drink called THE CREATURE to be served in the Sea Creature Mug! DIG IT! The party Thursday night will be in the open air lobby of the Royal Kona Resort at "Don's Mai Tai Bar"over looking Kona bay (very Tiki!)

To get the pre-order of the full BODY GLOVE Tiki-Mug Set, contact the Wyalnd Kona Ocean Front Gallery:
75-5770 Alii Dr
Phone – (808) 334-0037
Email – jillW@Wyland BigIsland
ALOHA!

Brad (Tiki Shark) Parker

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-05-24 16:34 ]

Aloha Tiki Tibe!

$Money Saving Discount code$

Message: the DOUBLE-SPECIAL-MYSTICAL-FORBIDDEN-KNOWLEDGE "TIKI-SECRET" TIKI-TRIBE "code word" that will get you great DISCOUNT room rates at the Royal Kona Resort for the "Body Glove Tiki-Mug Release Party!" this Oct 24th & 25th! 2013 (first come first serve!) is.... is... is...

sgum-ikit

... er wait, no no, no, that's not it, sheesh! that's backwards... oh sorry, yeah... it's "Tiki-Mugs"! The secret code word for room discounts is "Tiki-Mugs!"

Cool! Sorry, I got all turned around there I was so excited! Thursday night the party is in the open air lobby of the Royal Kona Resort's "Don's Mai Tai" Bar over looking beautiful Kona Bay. Friday night the party is a short walk (or stagger) along the ocean on Ali'i Dr to the swanky Wyland Kona Ocean Front Gallery. Body Glove owners, and other Celbs, will be at both events, including the Body Glove Sea Creature! ...so bring a camera!
Royal Kona Resort, 75-5852 Ali'i Dr, Kailua-kona, Hawaii, US, 96740
808-930-3285
http://www.roomstays.com/hotel/82875

75-5770 Alii Dr
Phone – (808) 334-0037

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-05-24 16:46 ]

Those are some really great mugs!

lunavideogames - thank you!

This is a dream project. Talk about "Enjoying the journey" Everything about this was fun so far. I just sat down and decided I was going to make the Tiki-Mugs I always wanted to have. So far, with the help of some great people at Tiki Farm, and my agent, and the Royal Kona Resort, and the Wyland Kona Ocean Front Gallery, the Tiki-Mugs are even better than I was hoping for.

This is the 60th year anniversary of surf brand Body Glove - So I designed a Tiki-Mug to honor that lifetime of good California surfing history! Body Glove also won first place in a surf film contest when Greg Browning, Body Glove's pro-surfer turned film maker, made a short film called "The Disappearance" about a surf team looking for the perfect wave, but find a sea creature instead. Then I made one more - "The Shark-Tiki" tiki-mug to make a limited edition set of 3. They will be for sale at this link: http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=42660&forum=4&start=30&33

Limited edition my tiki brothers and sisters so.... they are going fast! If you want to preorder, do it, do it here:
75-5770 Alii Dr
Phone – (808) 334-0037
ALOHA!

Aloha Tiki Tribe

Check out the new glazes & colors for the limited edition BODY GLOVE tiki-Mugs.... wonder what the SEA CREATURE will look like?
Limited edition my tiki brothers and sisters so.... they are going fast! If you want to preorder, do it, do it here:
75-5770 Alii Dr
Phone – (808) 334-0037
ALOHA!

Is there a price for these things anywhere?

P
phinz posted on Wed, May 15, 2013 9:28 PM

According to an email I got from Jill a few days ago, they are $29.95 each.

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
Thought you might dig seeing the process of making the mugs...

Step 1.) Pencil designs (final after a few versions),
#2.) Tiki Farm has some tiki-culture legend like THE PiZZ, create a 3-D image from the 2-D designs,
Then,
#3.) TIKI FARM works out the colors and the glazes.
Fun Stuff! And a load of work, plus months of back and forth with the over seas factory, the client, and then there's gonna
be shipping and all that fun stuff. Hope everything finishes up with the big BODY GLOVE TIKI-MUG RELEASE PARTY here in
Kailua-Kona Hawaii! Want to make sure you don't miss out on getting the whole set? pre-order your very own limited edition
mugs from ...
75-5770 Alii Dr
Phone – (808) 334-0037

A L O H A !!

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-07-28 12:36 ]

On 2013-05-15 20:55, TikiTacky wrote:
Yeah, yeah, they look super AWESOME, but is there a price on these tiki-mugs yet?

"?"

On 2013-05-15 21:28, phinz wrote:
According to an email I got from Jill a few days ago, they are ....ah....According to an email I got from Jill a few days ago, they are (... ah... this up date just in...... make that $34.95... as of May 24th 2013. Please call the gallery for proper up dates. Thanks!) Brad~

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
Aloha, yeah we been going around & around on the Limited edition Body Glove Tiki-Mug Set price for a while. Since they are "Body Glove" tiki-mugs, that means we had to work in the Body Glove royalty. Then the Wyland Kona Ocean Front Gallery has to have a little $ for their swanky overhead... and these are a very limited edition, so that makes 'em higher in demand... and I told Holden Westland at Tiki Farm to make "'em really super awesome greaty-great" - and he went ALL OUT! No expense spared!
I mean, think about this, how often does the oldest, still Manhattan Beach family owned, surf brand in the WORLD have it's 60 YEAR anniversary? When? When? WHEN?! ONLY ONCE! This is Americana Surf History! We HAD to make them insanely awesome, so... yes... they are at a little higher price point then the rather plain looking tiki-mugs that are mass-produced that you find in the discount bins of the cheap gift section of the ABC stores or Hilo Hatties.

Er -hurmph. HOWEVER, But fear not my Tiki Tribe! Now the good news! Not only did I work hard to make sure you'd get high quality for your coconut$! Each and every mug will come with an autograph card: hand-signed by the tiki-artist who designed it. (ah, that would be me) So even if you cannot make it to the big swanky event in Oct and get your mugs signed by the Body Glove folks, and meet the Body Glove Sea Creature in person, you WILL get my autograph (if you want it or not!) PLUS, ... and be quiet about this, (shhhhhh) ... I think I got the gallery to charge the same price for all the mugs even though one is EXTRA big gulp sized. It'll still be same price as the two regular sized ones - so the sea creature is not a larger price even though it is a larger mug.

Hope that helps, BUT call the gallery to make sure, I just saw them yesterday and dropped off a bunch of mug info, and we got the names of the mugs and got the prices finalized. Big aloha, and thanks for your interest in my work.

#1 Body Glove 60 Year Anniverrsary Tiki-Mug

#2 The "Shark-Tiki" Tiki-Mug
(and now the big one)

#3 The Body Glove Sea Creature Tiki-Mug
BP~

pre-order your very own limited edition mugs from ... Wyland Kona Oceanfront Gallery
75-5770 Alii Dr
Phone – (808) 334-0037
Email – [email protected] A L O H A !!

Brad (Tiki Shark) Parker

[

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-05-24 11:27 ]

Great Mugs - do we know how limited the limited edition is and do we know if there will be an open edition? Already ordered mine;-)

Holler Waller - Good question. I'm gonna' give to you as honest as I know. So obviously looking at all the preorders already hitting the gallery (boy, If the Wyland Kona Ocean Front Gallery didn't believe me about how serious the Tiki Tribe was before, they believe me now!), it looks like this first limited edition run will sell out, maybe before the October event. I have not gotten a hard fast # from Holden because "some other party" has offered to come in and purchase all of them. Before it got crazy, I think I recall Holden saying he was making 1000 Body Glove 60th Anniversary Tiki-Mugs, and 1000 Body Glove "Shark-Tiki" tiki-mugs, and 1500 Body Glove Sea Creature tiki-mugs. But that was an early set of numbers and he may have done what he could to expand to the demand. As for a second run, the problem with that is it's not up to just Tiki Farm. It's up to Body Glove , and Tiki Farm, and maybe even me (or at least my agent). So would you make a second run of 60th anniversary mugs after the 60th anniversary was over? Would you want a Body Glove Sea Creature tiki-mug still on the shelf after their advertising tie in to their award winning sea creature film was long gone? I heard Body Glove feels doubtful. So, that doesn't look like it would happen, however, I think I could talk them into a whole NEW and different set of Body Glove tiki-mugs. That's all I know for now. Hope that helps. ALOHA! BP~

Aloha Tiki Tibe!

Message: the DOUBLE-SPECIAL-MYSTICAL-FORBIDDEN-KNOWLEDGE "TIKI-SECRET" TIKI-TRIBE "code word" that will get you great DISCOUNT room rates at the Royal Kona Resort for the "Body Glove Tiki-Mug Release Party!" this Oct 24th & 25th! 2013 (first come first serve!) is.... is... is...

sgum-ikit

... er wait, no no, no, that's not it, sheesh! that's backwards... oh sorry, yeah... it's "Tiki-Mugs"! The secret code word for room discounts is "Tiki-Mugs!"

Cool! Sorry, I got all turned around there I was so excited! Thursday night the party is in the open air lobby of the Royal Kona Resort's "Don's Mai Tai" Bar over looking beautiful Kona Bay. Friday night the party is a short walk (or stagger) along the ocean on Ali'i Dr to the swanky Wyland Kona Ocean Front Gallery. Body Glove owners, and other Celbs, will be at both events, including the Body Glove Sea Creature! ...so bring a camera!
808-930-3285

75-5770 Alii Dr
Phone – (808) 334-0037

Brad (Tiki Shark) Parker

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-05-24 17:40 ]

ALOHA TIKI TRIBE!

"Based on our availability" - as requested to be stated by the Royal Kona Resort.
Guess this means they are already filling up and only have so many rooms to offer us at our discount rate.

Remember: the DOUBLE-SPECIAL-MYSTICAL-FORBIDDEN-KNOWLEDGE "TIKI-CENTRAL-SECRET" TIKI-TRIBE "code word" that will get you great DISCOUNT room rates at the Royal Kona Resort for the "Body Glove Tiki-Mug Release Party!" this Oct 24th & 25th! 2013 (first come first serve!) is "Tiki-Mugs"!

The secret code word for room discounts is "Tiki-Mugs!"

Thursday night the party is in the open air lobby of the Royal Kona Resort's "Don's Mai Tai" Bar over looking beautiful Kona Bay. Friday night the party is a short walk (or stagger) along the ocean on Ali'i Drive to the swanky Wyland Kona Ocean Front Gallery. Body Glove owners, and other Celbs, will be at both events, including the Body Glove Sea Creature! ...so bring a camera!
808-930-3285

Aloha!

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
Here's the Body Glove 60th Anniversary Tiki-Mug Set.
1.) Is the Body Glove 60th Anniversary Tiki-Mug

2.) is the :Shark-Tiki" Tiki-Mug

3.) Is the Body Glove Sea Creature Tiki-Mug

Official mug release party is the 24th and 25th of October 2013 in Kailua Kona, at the royyal Kona Resort. and the Wyland Kona Oceanfront Gallery.

pre-order your very own limited edition mugs from ... Wyland Kona Oceanfront Gallery
75-5770 Alii Dr
Phone – (808) 334-0037
Email – [email protected] A L O H A !!

H

Brad, the mugs and new creature painting are killer! And the shindig at the Royal Kona sounds great. We probably won't be in Kona until April, unfortunately. I'll keep an eye out in case anything fun is happening then.

Nice work!

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

We had a business meeting / lunch at the same location we'll have the mug release party - the "Don's Mai-Tai Bar in the lobby of the Royal Kona. Wow, the swell was big today!) with the local radio stations to help promote the Body Glove Tiki-Mug release party. So, I think we'll have radio spots on Lava 105.3 FM & The Wave 92 FM... the local morning show might interview Billy Meistrelll the owner of Body Glove, maybe me, maybe do a live feed from the event too. That'll pack the house. Great guys - In the photos are (L to R) My agent Abbas, Morning show radio host Danny Jesser, William Zucker, an undisclosed big wheel from down under (shhh, that means the BIG money guy, who, by the way, knew my art! rich and hip and into tiki! Cool! ), and me! Wow, putting together a party in Hawaii is amazing easy! (ah, sort of..)

Royal Kona Resort,
75-5852 Ali'i Dr, Kailua-kona, Hawaii, US, 96740
808-930-3285

pre-order your very own limited edition mugs from ...
75-5770 Alii Dr
Phone – (808) 334-0037
A L O H A !!

So I think we'll pack the house...

Aloha!
BP~

[ Edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-06-05 18:09 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 117 replies