Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Is Mainlanders in San Diego closed??

Pages: 1 6 replies

I finally received the current issue if Tiki Magazine (I moved, and had to wait for my mail to be forwarded), and I noticed it lists Mainlanders in their R.I.P. list. The website is still up, and doesn't seem to say anything about the store closing. Any of you West coasters know the scoop?

Hi Todd, went buy this weekend and the shop was closed and looked empty.

They closed about a month ago and the building is empty.

[ Edited by: Mr. NoNaMe 2012-04-11 07:03 ]

That's sad! I'm glad at least the website is still open for business.

A

The closed the place on University Ave a long time ago. Is the Mainlanders downtown closed now, too? Wouldn't surprise me as it was a terrible location for that kind of business.

Downtown is shuttered. No surprise. The internet and box stores are the killer of "brick & mortar" mom & pop shops.

The Freaky Boutiki is still open. Still selling Munktiki, TiKi tOny, Gecko, Squid and Tiki Farm mugs. Actual paintings by the likes of Ruzic, Gambino & Watts (not the law firm). Carvings by Tiki Hana, CongaTiki & Ken Pleasant.

Aloha,
Erik the Red

On 2012-04-11 08:38, arriano wrote:
The closed the place on University Ave a long time ago. Is the Mainlanders downtown closed now, too? Wouldn't surprise me as it was a terrible location for that kind of business.

I agree. I didn't understand the move to downtown. I only visited the downtown location once and really just because I was at the convention center for a conference.

Sorry to hear they closed up shop. That is a bummer. :(

SK

Pages: 1 6 replies