Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Ooga-Mooga is Ooverdue for an Ooverhaul

Pages: 1 2 52 replies

On 2013-07-14 09:16, TikiTacky wrote:
Once Humuhumu gets a little of her life back (LOL!) and the Ooga-Mooga updates happen, I thought this might be a good place for suggestions. Here's a few of mine:

• EBay prices should include shipping. The idea of posting mug priced indicates what someone is willing to pay for a mug, and that includes shipping. If someone buys a mug for $20 and pays $15 for shipping, didn't they really pay $35?

• The ability to upload multiple photos at one time and choose which one is the "cover" image.

• Ability to sort mugs by things like price, size, color, etc.

• A way to mark mugs as one-offs and exclude them from searches, so I'm not seeing people's handmade mugs in the search results.

I think you are over thinking this just a bit. Something's "value" does not include the cost of shipping, whether it is on ebay or bought in a store while on vacation, and shipped home. I don't remember what I paid for shipping, but I can remember what I paid for purchase...and will continue listing mine as such.

For me, these are the key areas where I would like to see Oooga-Mooga updated:

• Easier multi-photo loading process (I agree with Tiki Tacky on this).
  • Broader list of basic mug templates -- creating categories such as maker (Westwood, OTG, OOH, Tiki Farm, PopTiki, etc). In fact, I think it would be great to simply incorporate the 'mug search' categories as the mug templates. It is sometimes exhausting to figure out how to classify some pieces, limited by the template options.

Other than these things that will help streamline the process of uploading new mugs, I love Ooga Mooga!

T

On 2014-06-08 20:38, Vince Martini wrote:
I think you are over thinking this just a bit. Something's "value" does not include the cost of shipping, whether it is on ebay or bought in a store while on vacation, and shipped home. I don't remember what I paid for shipping, but I can remember what I paid for purchase...and will continue listing mine as such.

OK, let me put it a different way: If someone was selling a mug you wanted for $5 and asking $30 for shipping, would you buy it and say you got a deal? Or would you buy the same mug from another seller for $25 with free shipping?

As I see it, something's value is what you're willing to pay for it—no more, and no less.

[ Edited by: TikiTacky 2014-06-08 22:30 ]

Though, when you're talking about ceramics. The seller with "free" shipping may simply throw it in a priority mail envelope and leave it in the hands of the USPS to not smash it.

T

On 2014-06-08 20:51, TikiTacky wrote:

OK, let me put it a different way: If someone was selling a mug you wanted for $5 and asking $30 for shipping, would you buy it and say you got a deal? Or would you buy the same mug from another seller for $25 with free shipping?

As I see it, something's value is what you're willing to pay for it—no more, and no less.

I don't mind if the ebay price includes shipping or not. I just want to know if it did. That way I know what i'm comparing to when i see items outside of ebay. For my own accounting, I always track item prices and shipping separately in the spreadsheet I keep. Having the original sale price separate also tells me what price a seller was willing to part with an item (assuming they didn't pad the shipping price with some profit).

FM

On 2014-06-08 20:51, TikiTacky wrote:

I agree with you here. I always factor in S&H charges. The same item could be anywhere from Free to $20 in S&H and it does make a difference.

Pages: 1 2 52 replies