Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

The art of Rick Rietveld

Pages: 1 1 replies

So I did a search on Ricks work and found that there were some different threads about his upcoming works and such but no thread fully dedicated to his work. so I wanted to make one to pay tribute to a phenominal artist. What made me fall in love with Ricks work is his concept of surf, tiki, optical illusion, tropical surrealisim, spirituality, and more. I remember browsing the web one day scoping out some surf pics and such. I came across this elvis figure that is a skeleton driving a pink cadillac. I clicked on this photo to enlarge and I was blown away. This picture is awesome I said. It was one of the coolest things I have ever seen. I did some research and found out the title of the work and the artist who created it. Rick Rietveld. Ever since that day Rick has been my favorit artist. Pretty close with Brad(tikishark)Parker :). So I wanted to share some works I have by him and then for all TCers to share what you have of Rick Rietveld or just give your thoughts. Some of these pics are posted on my forgotten tiki room link. With that I just wanted to give a big Mahalo to all great tiki artists out there. Aloha from the forgotten tiki room. :D.

Skelvis

Justice in paradise. Book um Danno.

Skully

Summertime. This is one of my aloha shirts.

Aloha Girls.

Bettie and the beast. Rendered off the Hawaii Kai tiki mug.

ALOHA!!!!!!

[ Edited by: forgotten tikiman 2012-04-23 20:54 ]

[ Edited by: forgotten tikiman 2012-04-23 20:56 ]

A picture I took at the Sacred Art Del Mar Surf Expo 2011.

Pages: 1 1 replies