Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

New Tiki Find in HI-- Disney

Pages: 1 6 replies

Aloha,

Here's a tiki that i found on a recent trip to Kona, HI. It's about 3 ft tall, 120 lbs, and seemingly older and made from either stone or some kind of composite cement (there is carving in it, and the smoother texture leans me away from thinking its standard cement.)

Here's the story that went with it:

The guy i got it from sold it for an older guy who supposedly worked at Disney, and picked this up during a remodel. He said it came from the Lanai of a Disney resort. He's going to learn more when he talks to the guy again.

So... Disney or no Disney? It doesn't look Enchanted Tiki Room style, but perhaps Polynesian Resort style.

No matter the case-- I love a good story, he's awesome and i'm glad he's joining my tiki bar.

Thanks,

-scott noteboom

Kinda heavy to lug back on the plane from Hawaii, but handsome nonetheless.

Carry on
Or did u strap it to the nose of the plane?

i had to ship it "ground" UPS, as Alaska Airlines has a 100 lb limit on a bag check. I'll see it home in about 3 weeks.

Like an addiction..... i just had to have it. haha :)

HOK

HOK- thanks for sharing the link. the tiki i just got looks like it comes from the same mold as "Karl" in BigBro's first post.

-scott noteboom

HOK

I got a few from a guy who lives on the Big Island and he shipped a few loads to Oahu and sold them at the Stadium Swapmeet. He made molds off of pieces he found there. I didn't relize they weighed that much... after fireman carring them up the stairs, I thought they might have weighed more :lol: Aloha, Freddie

Pages: 1 6 replies