Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

witco sword? WONDERING

Pages: 1 7 replies

Wondering if this witco or not - I know they made a horsey head logo thing but this look more lion like... The owner said "its from a bar"

Mahalo in advance for any help.

WITCO - yes.

Thanks David.

looking for any more info on this - ie was sold alone was on a "frame" had a name or was in series like the Conquistador or?
I didn't see in Svens book and the photo copy Witco catalog I have has a similar one on a frame with a horse type head.

thanks in advance for any info.

bump

T

Aloha sneakyjack, ran across a couple of Witco swords the other day that seemed to answer your question.

They are just under 48 inches tall and the fabric is felt like.

Typical particleboard backing with staple gunning all around.

The sabre was marked S-75 and the flame sword S-65 and both were wired to hang vertical or horizontal.

While I was at the booth with vendor telling him that they were made at Witco in Washington and not carved by the previous owners dad, unless he worked there, a couple of ladies walked by and one said that her husband had worked there. I asked if she had any of the tiki stuff and she said they had finally gotten rid of it all, the other lady (daughter?) said she had had a tiki stool but it sounded like it was gone too. I should have asked to talk to them about working at Witco but it didn't pop into my head, I'm not a Witco collector I've passed on wall map/globes, viking ships, keys and yes the swords and others, if I ever come across a tiki fountain, outrigger, wahine or Tahitian lovers I'll be all over that though!

If your interested they are in an antique mall in Tacoma on South Tacoma Way they were 20% off so $54.00 each plus tax.

aloha, tikicoma

mahalo

UT

The lion sword did come with a wall hanger. Here is mine. To give the piece some scale I have taken a pic with a pop can to show the size. The wall hanger is made if matching wood with an eyelet attached to the back for a nail in the wall. The sword was hung below by a piece of chain. This piece has been on the back burner waiting to be cleaned up and hung. A great piece of Witco though.

Pages: 1 7 replies