Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

TIKI KON 2012: TEN YEAR TOUR -- August 3-5, 2012, Portland, OR - Munktiki Commemorative Mug Reveal

Pages: 1 15 replies

M

Tiki Kon 2012 sets sail on its Ten Year Tour! This is the year we invite everyone back to join the fun with a freshly re-energized event - Haere Mai! We have a gorgeous new home and event HQ at The Red Lion Hotel on the River. It sits on the banks of the mighty Columbia with a front row view of majestic (and active) volcano, Mt. Hood.

Our first surprise: We’ve grown the longest-running Home Bar Tour to twice the amount of guests as previous years. This is the year we all want to see everyone back together to celebrate these past fantastic ten years of Pacific NorthWest ‘Ohana!

Stay tuned for many more new surprises in store for you (hint for the next surprise: start getting ‘Hapi’ for this year’s mug) and for upcoming details in the coming months! I look forward to sharing with you all the fun in store for us together, and will see you soon at Tiki Kon 2012!

Craig 'Colonel Tiki' Hermann
Colonel Tiki's Drinks

TIKI KON 2012: Ten Year Tour! AUG 3-5, 2012: Portland, OR

[ Edited by: Melintur 2012-05-24 12:40 ]

Fantastic! Looking forward to it.

RB

C'mon everybody, get "Hapi"? A Partride Family mug? :lol:

RR

See you there !!!!

TIKI KON 2012 MUNKTIKI MUG REVEAL

Highlighting Tiki Kon’s 10th Anniversary celebration, Paul Nielsen of Munktiki, the genre’s most sought-after creator of tiki mugs and Portland resident will design and produce this year’s commemorative mug, Hapi Tiki.

Look also for Munktiki’s custom vending machine in the registration foyer of Tiki Kon 2012’s home at the Red Lion at the River. See it in action!

Craig 'Colonel Tiki' Hermann
Colonel Tiki's Drinks

TIKI KON 2012: Ten Year Tour! AUG 3-5, 2012: Portland, OR

[ Edited by: Melintur 2012-05-24 12:52 ]

RB

SWEET! :drink:

Looking cool.

Sputnik Housewares is pleased to announce that we were chosen as vendors for Tiki Kon 2012! We have been busy searching out the best vintage mugs, serving ware,exotic decor,lighting, and furniture and have set it aside especially for this event! We are bringing more variety this year and can't wait to vend in the expanded all day marketplace. I hope everyone has booked their rooms, because you don't want to miss this event! Hope to see you all in August!

More updates have just been added! Tiki Kon 2012 is just a little over 3 weeks away!

Just booked my room for Tiki Kon, got a double queen and may be looking forsomeone to share. message me if you think you may be interested.

Here's a sneak peek of a the tiki goodness Sputnik Housewares is bringing to Tiki Kon this year! I hope you have your tickets because this one is going to be huge!

Marwal Hula Girl!
Vintage Mugs!
RattanFurniture and Exotica Records!

E

Aloha, everyone!
I'm a mug collector living in central New York and can't attend Tiki Kon. If you're attending, not buying the event mug and wiling to help a fellow tikiphile, please drop me a note - I'm looking to pick one up for my collection.
Many thanks!
Eric

If you can't make it this year but want to keep tabs on the action feel free to follow Sputnik Housewares on Twitter! We are https://twitter.com/sputnikmoss and will be tweeting using the hash tag #tikikon during the event! The weather is going to be awesome and we can't wait for this weekend!

C
cy posted on Tue, Jul 31, 2012 1:34 PM

Frog Island Tikis will be vending and also bringing a few projects to carve on during the day. Hope to see some of you there!

Just got back from the Island Marketplace, it looked great, with all kinds of cool finds!! KUDOS to all who set it up and vendors!!!

It was great to meet CY, his Frog Island Tikis are awesome!! Always cool to meet a fellow screen printer too! :)

Just got back from the Island Marketplace, it looked great, with all kinds of cool finds!! KUDOS to all who set it up and vendors!!!

It was great to meet CY, his Frog Island Tikis are awesome!! Always cool to meet a fellow screen printer too! :)

Pages: 1 15 replies