Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

New guy "TheBiskitFixer" has signed up and has not

Pages: 1 19 replies

B

figured out how to post photos yet. So I'm gonna steal some of his glory and show you a photo or 2 but I'll let him come along and explain then and tell us about himself. COOL Stuff I think.

Really cool pieces scot, hope you get this stuff figured out and post some more.

K
Keylo posted on Sun, May 6, 2012 8:58 PM

Biskit Fixer is cooking up some great stuff!

P

that jade knife is ridiculous.

P

hey biskit fixer....

I use photobucket.com, as it is free & easy to use.

just take a minute to set up a free account, then once set up click on the green button that says "upload" and a little window will open.

I'm assuming you know where to find your pics on your computer, and just click the one you wanna upload & then click the little "open" button at the bottom right of the window.

once it's done just hit the "continue" button at the bottom.

then it should show you a page with all your pics. then just wave the little pointer thingy over the pic you wanna post, and a drop-down menu will emerge with 4 little fields with different url's, the bottom one being "img code". copy and paste that here & that's it!

Git-r-done son!

I wanna see some more of those knives!

[ Edited by: pjc5150 2012-05-07 01:47 ]

Ah ha, big mahalo uncle Ben! Im still a little lost here but thanks for posting some of my old junk.

yay! that worked. thank you fellas. im still finding my feet here so thanks for the advice.

that jade knife is my Ulu, its wyoming jade with a hippo tooth handle. I use this peice alot and it serves well as a butchery tool and conversation starter (and finisher at times).

the scrimshawed knife is my own necknife, i make and sell these but this is my own personal one. its scrimshawed Wooly Mammoth ivory from siberia. the blade i made from an old combine harvester blade. I ware this piece all the time.

and the little Ku was my first Real tiki carving, he's antique spermwhale tooth ivory and is one of the fourty five or so pieces i ware all the time.

i make alot of knives of all shapes and sizes and have just finished a tiki handled piece, il try and get a pic up of it soon for you.
thanks for the warm welcome chapps and sorry I didnt introduce my self sooner,
many thanks The Biskit Fixer.

this is the Tiki Knife i just finished, Kane and Lono Ox bone handle with a hi carbon steel combine harvester blade skinner, housed in a full thickness heavy leather sheath with lizard skin panneling and branded designs.
Ha ha now we'r talkin Tiki!!??

my next plan is this Ku and Kanaloa BBQ cooks knife, i got the blade done but nothing else yet...

B

HA, You Turd,, You knew how to do this all the time! Awesome tiki knife.

cheers Benny! you know im no good with this modern techno stuff! if you cant eat fight or fondle it, its of little use to me..

WC

Hay,
Real cool stuff.

On 2012-05-06 20:30, Benzart wrote:

this is fantastic! How big is he?

T

Really nice stuff Biskit. Love your knives!

"If you can't eat it, fight it, or fondle it, it's of little use to me."

:lol: Go to "Edit Profile" and you can add that as your signature :lol:

Welcome to TC. Great carvings, looks like you're making your own blades too?

Thank you brothers! The Ku bead is an inch and a quater tall. I keep meaning to inlay him some eyes but he gets around ok with out them.
Yes i make all my own blades from steel i get from the scrap bin on the farm, mostly horse hoof rasps and old straw chop flails from the combine harvester. Google the broken biscuit repair shop if youd like to see more of my junk i made. Il try keep it tiki related here tho

P
Philot posted on Tue, May 8, 2012 6:25 AM

I like how you're using recycled steel for some of your blades. It's green and it's weaponry. And on top of that, it adds some historicity to your work.

That jade blade is just insane. I'm uncomfortable with the degree of covetousness it's making me feel, and I'm not a real knife nut.

[ Edited by: philot 2012-05-08 08:36 ]

B

I Know what you mean about the covet thing. When I saw the people with these little knives hangin from their necks I just about rowed my boat over the pond to get me one. but I found that too slow so will have to wait.

A
amate posted on Tue, May 8, 2012 11:00 AM

Blades and carved bone..."these are a few of my favorite things". Beautiful work man!

B

I have a thing for knives and your knives are awesome! I would love to own one.

B

Hey Biskit Fixer I NEED some BISKITS,,,, and jam!

Pages: 1 19 replies