Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Roof suggestions, Famous Tiki Bars

Pages: 1 5 replies

HT

So, I've got a 14x14 room, with four dark red beams running through it, equidistant to each other. The rest of the ceiling is white popcorn asbestos tiles that are slightly tanned from smoking.

I've got about 40 floats, fishing net, tiki spoons/forks, no lanterns, tons of bamboo and a pufferfish.

Do I paint the ceiling? Leave it white? Paint it bright white? Use brown paint an make fake tapa that I frame with bamboo.....
I've got too many ideas, HELP!

The floor is partially hardwood, red oak, and the center is inlaid VCT with a moai, that says AKU AKU room. The walls are green wood paneling. If that helps.

Personally, I'd get rid of the white on the ceilig, either paint it brown or cover it with tapa or palm weave or something then I'd put up some fishnet and maybe some bamboo poles and then go nuts hanging all your flotsam and jetsum or whatever all the "stuff" is called! Post pictures please, whatever you choose to do!

You have a Moai from the AKU AKU ?

S

To make the ceiling dissappear properly, it need to not be white anymore. Paint it, cover it or whatever. But, that all rally depends on your vision of th eplace. I am going for the dark and moody space where all light is closed off (black out window blinds) and I then bring in the light as I want it. IT is very dark and I do not want to see the ceiling. Ideally, the ceiling is so far up there in that 30 foot tall open A-frame, that you cannot see it. Actually, it's just painted black to make it go away.

However, let's see pics. You might make those beams into a show piece and some bamboo framing out lauhala, etc. would be perfect up there.

I want to see a picture of that moai that says Aku Aku on it.

HT

Sorry guys, I wish it was from the AKU AKU. I've named my home bar The AKU AKU Room, and done inlaid Armstrong Vinyl Composition Tile.

Pages: 1 5 replies