Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

TikiMaxtons in SF

Pages: 1 11 replies

Hey, NoCal tikifreaks! Maggie and I will be visiting our old stomping grounds ealy next month and would love to meet up with any and all available Centralites for Happy Hour(s) at Tonga. We'll be there Tuesday, July 1 at about 5:00 in the hopes of snagging a good spot. Hope you can join us!

M

Soundsgood--how long will you be in the area?

T

Great! I've been wanting to go back to the Tonga Room!

We'll be in the area starting the previous Saturday, but we have a wedding to attend and then a couple of days of mom maintenance. We'll be coming in from Marin just in time for Happy Hour. I believe we have Wednesday pretty much free, then we have to drive to Sacto Thursday am to catch our plane. We'll be staying with Frenchy but will have our own wheels.

I'd love to go out to Fairfax and check out the new lounge out there if there's time.

T

We'd love to stop by, but 5's a little early for us. How long you gonna be there? If you make it to the new Fairfax place, let me know as I am not far from there.

I would thing we'll be there until 7:30 or 8 at least. Or until they start trying to charge us for the "Entertainment". Hard to say what will happen after that - depends largely on the plans of our gracious hostess, Frenchy.

We really want to try to make a trip to Marin to see the new place in Fairfax as that was our hangout when we lived in Corte Madera. Maybe we'll get over there Wednesday night...

M

Ooohhh...crap- The new bar in Fairfax is only open Thursday through Sundays 4pm til 1 or 2 am. Sadly I can't make the Tonga. Damn! It looks like I've missed the Maxtons again.

M

Ooohhh...crap- The new bar in Fairfax is only open Thursday through Sundays 4pm til 1 or 2 am. Sadly I can't make the Tonga. Damn! It looks like I've missed the Maxtons again.

Hey all! I'll, of course be there - and I don't have any specific plans (work is restricting how much I can party on a weeknight, unfortunately - come ON superlottoplus!!), so if anyone wants to suggest other places to hang out, etc. - cool! :)

Last Call, NoCal Centralites! We'll see you at Tonga tonight. Again, we'll be there at 5:00 for happy hour and staying until we don't wanna stay no more. If we've not met, I'll be the schlub in the yellow aloha shirt and gold cords. Maggie will be the hot babe, splendidly overdressed in a floor-length sequin gown - no kidding. Call my cell phone to hook up later: 971-506-2540

See you there!

The sunburned tikimaxtons.

T
thejab posted on Wed, Jul 2, 2003 5:06 PM

It was fun to finally get off of work early enought to visit the Tonga Room for happy hour... and meet up with the Maxtons. Maggie looked swellegant in her sparkling blue evening gown and ice blue wrap! Cindy, Mig, and Frenchy Polynesia joined the celebration. The service was even good!

Thanks everybody for coming out to join us! Next time we're in town we'll try to plan it around a weekend so more folks can make it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again (for the benefit of all the new members) - if you plan to visit a city (pretty much ANY US city), be sure to let the local TC militia know you're gonna be in town, and plan to hook up with them. You'll never meet a nicer, cooler group of people than your virtual pals right here on Tiki Central!

Pages: 1 11 replies