The Tiki Gods are mad at me...

Pages: 1 8 replies

Gecko's Ge-Ku

Gecko's Mouth of Pele

Gecko / Cevola War God

Disney UTI Bowl

Gecko La Mariana Kona Gold

Another Gecko La Mariana Kona Gold

and 6 more Gecko mugs that are either chipped or cracked...

These are from 3 different sellers in 5 different boxes...
I hope these offerings satisfy the gods & all future mugs arrive safely from their journey to my peaceful island...

Steve, I hope they shipped them in more than just that flimsy bubble wrap! Or maybe you need to teach your mailman a lesson ~ I suggest putting a dead fish in a glass jar, put the lid on TIGHT and let it sit outside for a week or so. Then package it up and mail it to yourself (I would recommend NOT using a real return address). When he breaks that package, he'll KNOW he's done something wrong! :lol:

Disclaimer ~ This posting is for entertainment purposes only and is not intended to be taken literally. I have friends who are Postal employees (not that there is anything wrong with that) :wink:

Was this all from one shipment, or do you have the largest Charlie Brown sized dark cloud hanging over your hut? I feel for you my tiki friend, I would be crying in my Mai Tai right now.

TT

The first dark clouds happened less than a month ago...

Two boxes with 3 mugs in each - all broken...

The next was a couple of weeks later from a different seller...

Three boxes with 14 mugs (some shots)... Two broken mugs in one box and two in another...
I purchased 11 mugs from them in the past and they all arrived safely.

The last (and I really hope it's the last)...
Yesterday. One box and one broken mug...

11 mugs gone in less than a month...

I'm still shaking my head as I type... tear running down my face

I would hope that they were packed super carefully,
and that the shipping company used would be more careful.

But that being said, I have never bought a mug and had it shipped.
I always buy mugs in person.
Yes I know that isn't always possible.
But knowing that stuff like this happens,
would make me very weary about buying mugs being shipped.
Unless they were sent individually and wrapped up in a over the top wrap job,
and shipped separately.

Jeff(btd)

Maybe the mailman has the Curse of Lono!

I would cut the tiki gods a break and I would go after the shipper. In my experience buying online I think it's common to see 2" of bubble wrap around all sides of a tiki mug packaged for shipping and mailing.

My hearty recommendation would be to console yourself with a couple of nice Zombies as soon as possible. I think that Zombies were invented to help with problems exactly like this.

Ah!! That sucks. I will say that I never had a problem with mugs I have bought online and shipped to me, but I have had other things break during shippment so I know your pain of Pele. Or Wrath :D. But ya! If they send your mugs all in the same box with only a layer of bubble wrap thats not cool. Sorry about those losses.

whoa sorry about the carnage. Hope you are able to recover the money you paid for all those.

Such a shame!

Pages: 1 8 replies