Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

How To Hang Rattan Shelf?

Pages: 1 3 replies

Hi - I am sorry if this topic has been covered before, but I could not find it in the search, so my question is: How do you hang a circle rattan shelf that has no hangers on the back? I have the 2nd one in the photo, but with wooden shelves, not glass. It's going to be pretty heavy with mugs on it. How have you all hung up your shelves?

Thanks.

You will have to get some heavy duty frame hangers from a place like Home Depot
the type that use screws to mount onto your shelf, Rated at 100 pound capacity will due.
pre-drill the holes for the mounts 1/3 down from the top on each (Two Hangers)side & use wood glue
in the holes before you screw in the mounts, This will give you a good support to hang the shelf from.

Be sure to put some heavy duty hooks into your wall to support the shelf also, best if sunk into studs.
Here is what I did, but I had the extra challenge of drilling into a rock wall to mount my shelf.

Thank you so much Atomic Tiki Punk. I'll head off to Home Depot and get some supplies.

Your wall looks amazing!

Change of plans. I brought it into Home Depot and a few of the sales associates and I discussed the best way and I am going to actually use two L shaped brackets to rest the first shelf on. Since my actual shelves are wood and not glass I can drill into the wood under the first shelf and then into the wall. I will then paint over the brackets on the wall and put mugs in front.

Pages: 1 3 replies