Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki Ti question

Pages: 1 8 replies

I've visited Tiki Ti on numerous occasions and have indulged in many a finely-crafted libation there, but have never visited with my (non drinking) wife. We'll be in LA in October and I'd love to visit Tiki Ti again (and meet up with local TCers as well), but I'm wondering what they would have for her to drink? Can anyone vouch for their non-alcoholic drink selection? Is it limited to soda and juice, or do they have some decent NA cocktails?

TikiMaxton,

Great question. I went to Tiki Ti for the first time about 2 weeks ago with King Kukulele. He doesn't drink alcohol and he just bellied up to the bar and asked if they could make him a non-alcoholic tropical drink. Since I had a long way to drive home, he encouraged me to join him in a virgin tropical drink. The bartender was really cool about it and we just let him come up with a non-alcoholic concoction that was quite tasty! I can't tell you what he made, but I gotta say I was glad that I tee-totaled that night.

It was a kind of a dilemma for me because I do tend to imbibe from time to time (as the Hoity Toities know!) and it was my first time to Tiki Ti. I have to give a lot of credit to King Ku Ku -- it was about 1:00 am, he knew I was tired and had a long way to drive home. He may have just saved my life that night by encouraging me to try the virgin drink and by telling me that it was "being there" that really counted.

When I really think about it, it wasn't just being there, but it was being there with someone cool that made it special.

Anyhoo, sorry about the long story. I am sure that the Tiki Ti bartenders will take care of you and make your wife a great non-alcoholic tropical drink.

Have a great time!

Sten - what a great story! Thanks for sharing it. I feel better about taking my wife to a place that's famous for its killer cocktails now.

I'll post dates as we get closer, but I'd love to meet the LA contingent and see Sven again when we get down there!

I just wanted to confirm what sten said.
Mike Sr. & and Mike Jr. are so professional, that there intrinsic checklist that they will ask you, will definetely guide you to a tasty beverage non alcolholic included

Our first time there, I really couldn't recommend a drink to my somewhat picky wife, buty they sure could. after the series of questions, Mike Jr. served up something of beauty.

So enjoy and have one for me, alcoholic that is.

TikiMaxton, make sure you let us know when your coming down. I'll meet you for a drink at the Ti. Also, if you have the time, maybe we can put a group together to show you around some of our tiki sights in So Cal. We've got lots to enjoy here.

One warning though...Tiki Ti WILL allow smoking inside the bar, unlike everything else in California. Tiki Ti is owner operated, and the law allows patrons to smoke if the owners want (and they do). The place is very small and crowded, so if you or your wife dosen't like smoke, it gets overwhelming pretty fast.

T

On 2003-06-18 10:49, paranoid123 wrote:
One warning though...Tiki Ti WILL allow smoking inside the bar, unlike everything else in California. Tiki Ti is owner operated, and the law allows patrons to smoke if the owners want (and they do). The place is very small and crowded, so if you or your wife dosen't like smoke, it gets overwhelming pretty fast.

Last time I was there (it was on a Thursday) there were 5 guys smoking cigars at the bar (I'm not lying - we counted). It was almost unbearable even with the door open and fans going. I smoke a cigar occasionally - even if it's officially uncool 8) - but only outside. I can understand how people hate the smell. I think it's rude to smoke one inside unless it's in a cigar bar where people expect it.

HUMBUG!, the fan set up works great....if your not near the door.Last friday some guy lit up a stogie next to me and I barely noticed!.

Pages: 1 8 replies