Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Well here goes my carving

Pages: 1 10 replies

so i picked up a chisel a while ago and had at with a cypress log i had in the back yard to make a hose reel didn't turn out to bad so i grabbed another log and bought a few more chisels all still flat but a little better. and i recently got a palm tree stump given to me. Crazy story looking for a house in Orangevale and the house next to the one I'm looking at has this awesome palm they are taking out and i ask if i could have it they said of course and they even towed it to my house were i put it in the street by the curb a 20 foot palm trunk... well come home from work and its gone WTF i have to follow the drag trail to the A holes house and tell him to give it back it wasn't garbage but it is art supplies i was so pissed.
Well all that was to say i finally started my first palm tiki and it carves so much easier than cypress LOL .

This is the first one the hose reel.

This is the second tiki a few new chisels its getting better
and the new palm

just a cool pic

started the top of the tiki a army kevlar helmet

and after four hours and way to much rum it has eyes and the begging of a nose

Please tips and tricks will fall on listening and attentive eyes and ears this is crazy fun
Mahalo and Enjoi

A
amate posted on Thu, May 24, 2012 6:33 AM

My suggestion is to just keep carving. You've have already shown a great deal of progress from the first to the second one. You will learn something from every one you do so keep at it!

P

I'm really digging where you seem to be going with the palm. You've definitely have a distinctive style.

I got the mouth started today still diggin it

N

I agree with amate...CARVE ON!! It only gets more fun and more rewarding with every carve.

T

Pretty good! You may be new to carving but obviously have some talent!

What did the person that took that log from your yard want it for? Were they going to carve it?

He wanted it for a bench, he was going to cut it up and make stools... just log stools.

So carved a little more, my wife kait finally got her hands dirty on it... and I had a epiphany for the back of the tiki! a Memorial day tribute and shout out to all my lost brothers in arms.

well did a little bit more started to sand it down and think i might be close to a top coat on the face but not to sure

and this is the whole reson for the carve a small tribute and a idea starting to come to fruition.

Enjoi and Mahalo!

P

I'm honestly trying to be helpful here, please don't take this as negative criticism.

But you might want to think about some sort of detailing on the helmet so it doesn't look so much like a, well, you know what.

ok, maybe I'm tweaking you a little.

yeah a little phalic as far as the top of the thing back and forth lately as far as helmet or fink hat

Pages: 1 10 replies