Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Travel

Big Road Trip-CO to Nova Scotia (S. Canada + N. US)

Pages: 1 5 replies

T

My wife and I are taking a road trip this September. We're leaving Colorado and heading North into Canada, then East into Nova Scotia (and maybe Newfoundland). From there we head South back into the US, and follow a meandering route through the Northern part of the country back home. Does anyone have suggestions of tiki destinations/bars/hotels that we MUST do?
Thanks!

T

My road trip is now 2 months closer! Is there anybody out there in the Northern US or Southern Canada?

Not aware of anything remotely tiki in Nova Scotia or Newfoundland - but you must go to Newfoundland. Haven't been, myself, but everyone I know who has been loves it - friendliest people and stunning scenery.

B

Here in Quebec, there's two spots I think you should visit.

-Jardin Tiki, in Montreal, is an enormous "polynesian chinese buffet" that serves bad food and bad drinks. The decor is well worth it, though. Lots of big tikis an amazing array of tropicals lamps.

-The Coconut Bar, in Trois-Rivières, is a vintage tiki bar dating back to 1962. Fantastic old-school decor. Cocktails are just okay, nothing special. But you can crash at adjoining motel if you drink too much.

You can see pictures of these two places on my (french) blog: http://paradisartificiel-tikibar.blogspot.ca

[ Edited by: Barclayf 2012-08-12 08:09 ]

T

J'irai. Merci!

T

I don't know about tiki, since I was there last when I was about 14 and visiting relatives for a week, but I do know N.S. is a totally beautiful land to visit. Unless they've destroyed the place since 1984.

Pages: 1 5 replies