Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

My thrift shop finds today...

Pages: 1 8 replies

C

Aloha All,

Here's a few pix of some cool stuff I found at our local Salvation Army thrift store: Leilani monkey pod wood dish, hand carved "Hawaii" wood bowls, Blue Hawaii LP by Billy Vaughn & orchestra, Hawaii love songs by Palani Vaughan, and 3 records by Larry Rivera (all still in original shrink package). Plus my fave find of the day: 1970's vintage "Don Ho" Loball glass, Polynesian Palace. Hope you enjoy!

C
Chub posted on Thu, May 24, 2012 7:54 PM

Cool finds and welcome to Tiki Central! In the future, please make sure to post your finds in the "Tiki Finds" thread. No need to start a new one.
Mahalo,
Chub

C

Mahalo Chub!

I am so sorry for that. As you can see, I am a certified "Newbie" to this wonderful world of Tiki. I will make sure next time it will be posted in the tiki finds from now on. Thanks for the warm welcome & take care...

Clintiki

Aloha all,

Would anyone be interested in trading a mug or 2 for my monkey pod wood bowls and don ho loball glass? Please PM me. Mahalo!

Ahhh- the Don Ho glass! I had one for ages! Sadly, it did not win the battle when confronting my kitchen floor from a 4' drop. :( I hope to find another soon-- seems like they used to be in thrift stores by the dozen...not so much the case anymore.
Tiki Kitty

i have around a dozen, and found 3 today....i'll gladly send you one, they came in 2 different sizes

C

Aloha again all!

Well, here's some things that might be of interest here that I found at a small flea market today. A vintage 1949 Hawaiian Hula skirt, hand made & braided, & batiked top, with "proof" of a pic of the original owner who sold it to me! Also, a tiki incense burner (don't know origin, can anyone help me out?) and finally, an old ashtray. Does anyone know what the hula skirt is worth? I will probably never sell it, but it would be nice to know it's worth (to me it's priceless!) Thanks to all for replies!

Clintiki

Aloha,

It is worth what you paid for it. The Photograph is however PRICELESS in a historical way. It shows America's fascination with Hawaii in the 1949.

Aloha Phillip,

Thanks for your post. I paid $15 for it. The young lady of only 74 was a sweetheart of a gal and asked only 1 favor of me: "Please take a picture and send it to me when you put it behind glass in a frame". I told here that it would be my pleasure to do so. (That's what I will do with it soon) She said she was happy it is going to somebody who will appreciate it and share it with others to see. I was touched by her words and totally humbled she sold it for that price. It will definitely be the pinnacle of my Polynesian collection.

Mahalo!

Clintiki

Pages: 1 8 replies