Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

My little Collection.

Pages: 1 4 replies

M

Hello Hello!

My name is Kaitlin. I am the lucky lady that is married to anthonymaye (we're very creative folk, judging by our handles on here, huh?) Needless to say, I wanted to show off our little growing collection of Tiki's, Birds, Puffer Fish and all the sorts!

This little guy is our first "Tiki". I got his last year from a Shelter in Sacramento and couldn't think of a better name than Tiki. This is our Tiki Cat! :D He is very fitting for the name.

I got the four masks roughly two years ago for Father's Day for Anthony. His kid's like to say it's the four of us as Tiki's.

Grass hat is a must! of course. We got the Laid Back sign from SEMA this last year, personally I think it fits nicely. The brass artwork is actually from my grandmother. When she passed away we found this in her home.

one of my favorite painting's anthony has done. VooDoo Heads. :D

Art project from this year.

This is our "Art Area" as you can see it's a hot mess of Tiki, Kozak Vinyl Dolls, Rat Finks, and whatever else catches our fancy.

This is where "The Magic Happens"

pieces in the living room.

This was put together by anthony's Aunt for his birthday. It's portrait of our family. Anthony and I in the middle as the Beach Tiki's and the two kids as menehune's. :D one of my absolute favorite pieces of art int he house.

On April 13th of this year anthony and I got married here in Sacramento. This ceramic is a gift from his uncle. A cake topper of sorts. Pretty awesome if you ask me!

thought i would post a pic of my beautiful wife carving on our newest tiki in the front yard, and on of her making a mold of her first tiki

Enjoi and Mahalo!

I like your art and your space is a lot of fun!

M

why thank you. :D

I'm not a huge fan of the candid shots he took. but oh well. haha Can you can see Anthony lets me play around now and there. (barely though! :P)

Here is my "first tiki" I've created. I named him Marvin. nothing too special but I do enjoy him

I'll show you what he looks like when he's done. :D

G

Cool stuff! I like your style(s). Nice to see everyone in the family making art.

Pages: 1 4 replies