Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

TABOO: Thanks for the memories (Photo's on page 12)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 236 replies

http://www.facebook.com/TabooOctober572012

Art By Anthony Carpenter

His Website:
http://sketchville-sketchman66.blogspot.com

Mug

John Mulder

His Website:

http://www.mulder142.com

Once again Mojave Oasis and Tiki Caliente are coming together to spin off a ONE time Concept Event for the fan of a small intimate gathering.
We are looking for a mix of some of our Seasoned Tikifiles as well as some new blood thats are interested in being part of the seen.

The Royal Sun is a great Venue to have an Event. Smaller close to everything in Palm Springs with a great view of the surrounding mountains.

A small breakdown below with more information to come:
:Breakfast included
:Free WiFi
:No Smoking in Rooms or Pool Area. (Parking Lot Only)
:No Pet's

Go to http://www.tiki-caliente.com for sales of room packages NOW

POOL VIEW:SOLD OUT

6 Rooms Left

Pendants for off ground guest go on sale Sept 8th at 10a.m. at http://www.tiki-caliente.com

Pendants=Wristbands from other events. The Pendant will allow you to be on grounds after 7p.m. and access to the room crawl's/drink specials/ special releases.

This is our home for Friday and Saturday. Vending will be Friday/Saturday. We will have full access to the pool area all night (be respectful to the surrounding rooms)
Room parties (Official) till Midnight.

Sunday check out is Noon.

Entertainment:

5p.m. Forrest Cokely Rum Symposium at Taboo

Friday Night: 7p.m.

Saturday:

Noon:

Forrest Cokely Rum Symposium at Taboo

2:30-3:30 Artist SHAG will be on grounds for a meet-n-greet with the TABOO crowd.

He will be releasing a new print that day at the Shag store,but if you contact Monet below, you can purchase your print by phone and have it delivered to the Royal Sun by SHAG himself.

The TABOO promo price is $495.00 (This Sucker is HUGE,and bound to sell out fast)

Details Below

"The Air Up There"
21" x 49"
22 Color Serigraph Print
Limited Edition of 200
To be released on October 6, 2012
Exclusively through The Shag Store!
Please send me a private message if you would like to be added to our pre-sale list with your phone number and/or email address
You can also reach me directly at The Shag Store via phone at 760.322.3400
Happy Monday everyone!
Cheers!
Monet Orystick

Book Signing by P.Moss 4p.m.

About the Author:

P Moss is a longtime Las Vegan whose short fiction has appeared in several anthologies, including the recent The Perpetual Engine Of Hope and Dead Neon: Tales Of Near-
Future Las Vegas. He is a musician and songwriter whose band Bloodcocks UK recently concluded two sold out tours of Japan. A prominent name in the nightlife world, he owns the popular Double Down Saloons in Las Vegas and New York City, and Frankie’s Tiki Room in Las Vegas. He is a collector of rare film noir and an avid booster of the Scunthorpe United Football Club.
Vegas Knockout is his second book.

5:15p.m.-6:30p.m.

7P.M.

More to Come...........................

Sponsored By:

Official Vendors:

Mahalotiki

http://www.mahalotiki.com/

[ Edited by: wildsville man 2012-09-27 19:14 ]

[ Edited by: Wildsville man 2012-10-09 10:47 ]

Palm Spring is 2 hours from me and Newberry Springs is 5 but the choice is obvious - MOJAVE!!!!!!! It's worth the extra 3 hour drive :D

Mad Dog is not so mad afterall! Mojave it is.

DC

Palm Springs...that's my vote.

T

I vote for Roswell, NM

Mojave!

Mojave!

Mahalo, John "Tiki Slinger"

[ Edited by: john slinger 2012-07-26 00:06 ]

Rory, great job on the post! I think this is gonna be am great event where ever it is... I'm excited!

[ Edited by: Queen kamehameha 2012-05-30 09:11 ]

Oooh man....the desert would be cool around October...nice and eerie. I vote Mojave

Mojave !

PS...we love you.

T

Palm Springs!

Isn't there a way to add a survey to this thread?

[ Edited by: Tiki-ESP 2012-05-30 08:21 ]

On 2012-05-30 08:18, Tiki-ESP wrote:
Palm Springs!

Isn't there a way to add a survey to this thread?

[ Edited by: Tiki-ESP 2012-05-30 08:21 ]

Survey? As I think that would be interesting, but I think it would take us off the task at hand and lead us in the wrong direction. Amy and myself knew putting this question out there that it would be interesting. Neither of us are taking your votes personally and we realize as we have a great mix of the same people that go to both Mojave Oasis and Tiki Caliente we also has very separate groups too that love to camp or love Palm Springs.

We just hope that everyone knows that if you have been to one of our events in the past that we can control an Event up to and not including the weather.

Mojave will set a great back drop for this event and make it more of a cost effective project with more of a rustic feel.

Palm Springs will have more of a controlled feel because of the ability to escape to your surroundings like stores/restaurants/AC rooms but this will increase the cost of the package and set a less Primitive vibe to the show.

Also I know there are people who want to vote but they are not on Tiki Central (Sorry),also I know some people will not vote because they think it will upset one of us.

These October Events are a great release valve that we use to try something outside our norm and be able to try new artist and angles to create an event that is truly different,but not uncomfortably so.

also,these events bring in NEW people that want to be part of the action and may not come to an established show that may have clicks and groups that are not welcoming to new bee's.

sorry about going off subject myself.

so as to a Survey. As I always welcome opinions on an event to make it better or more desirable,but I would rather get a private P.M. versus watching some one write something that is negative or inflammatory by mistake on a public forum.

Thanks for caring enough to ask the question though. It was something we considered.

T

We vote Palm Springs.

I am also going to throw my hat in for Palm Springs.

I really like the site at Mojave and had a great time at the event last year. The problem there is that access is so limited. I do not own a camper or trailer and I choose not to sleep in a tent (my boy scout days are well behind me). That leaves only the on-site trailers and there are only like a half dozen of those.

I really like the mug concept, too.

DZ

I'm gonna cast my vote for Mojave! While I appreciate the lengths the Travelodge folks go through to make us feel welcome and don't interfere with the fun we're having, when you get down to it, it's just another hotel, and I can stay in a hotel anytime. Mojave Oasis is a special place, and Queen K constructed it all with us in mind: we don't have to "bring the tiki" - it's already there waiting for us! I've been there for every tiki event so far, and ANY opportunity to go to Mojave again gets priority in my book!

Neither of us are taking your votes personally and we realize as we have a great mix of the same people that go to both Mojave Oasis and Tiki Caliente we also has very separate groups too that love to camp or love Palm Springs.

These October Events are a great release valve that we use to try something outside our norm and be able to try new artist and angles to create an event that is truly different,but not uncomfortably so.

also,these events bring in NEW people that want to be part of the action and may not come to an established show that may have clicks and groups that are not welcoming to new bee's.
Rory Snyder

I just wanted to reiterate what Rory said. This event is about Fun, choose where you want it to be, no one will be mad, its a Tiki event!

Also, did want to add one thing about Mojave. We do have the off site rough house Ranch, Taboo Cove and Others stayed there during Mojave Oasis II. So it is a room with Air and Shared bath for every 3 rooms,its nice, but it is offsite a 1/2 mile or mile. This is not anything but an extra option if you are already thinking about Mojave. Im ok as is Rory with Either locale. We have a lot of things Planned, New Art, New Mugs" Thanks Rory" :) and More!

We want everyone to enjoy our joined event it gives us the ability to do different things, so vote away. Your vote counts.

Amy

[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2012-05-30 14:44 ]

Count Jason Lee and I in! :D

TM

The world famous FLOCK?

Palm Springs is rather nice at that time of year. Vote: PALM SPRINGS.

S

Palm Springs is my vote

Can I vote for Moajve twice?

DC

Palm Springs sounds great!

Two more votes for Palm Springs. My wife and me. Zach

Mojave because I need to finally make it there before it blows away in a sandstorm

Mojave.

I could give a lot of long winded reasons why but I will save my breath, for now.

I am really torn on this.
but considering the fact that I really don't get to really experience Palm Springs,
while at an event there. It doesn't really affect me the same way it does others.

I can understand why some don't dig the camping aspect.
but the whole escapism of Mojave is really quite surreal.

I could vote either way really,
but I am gonna say Mojave,
just for the fact that its a more affordable weekend.

Jeff(btd)

We will take votes till 5p.m. June 1st. You can vote here or on the Taboo Facebook page (listed at the beginning of this topic)

Please only vote once and please make sure it's only Mojave or Palm Springs..........Thank you

W

Both are different but Mohave had better food on site for emergencies so Mohave. Loved those guys from Idyllwild!

Kuke

I vote for Mojave though I had a tough time choosing.

JB

Mojave.

C
cdtiki posted on Fri, Jun 1, 2012 6:21 AM

P.S. all the way. Yeah baby!

D
dibroc posted on Fri, Jun 1, 2012 7:14 AM

One more vote for Mojave.

M

Mojave!

J

The weekend of Oct 6th ?? !! :(

lol I swear You make me laugh out loud John....

T

Mojave

RD

Mojave.

The Tiki concert area is the best.

Mojave Oasis Newberry Springs.

TT

If they put locks on the bathroom stalls, I vote Mojave. :)

On 2012-06-01 15:39, Tonga Tom wrote:
If they put locks on the bathroom stalls, I vote Mojave. :)

That's what Gassy Gus said too

It's hard to decide, because both are great locations for different reasons. We'll be happy to attend at either location, but I guess this thread is about making a choice and putting a stake in the ground.

Mojave.

kevin

Thank you everyone for Voting,Your input means a lot to us and is a large help. Amy and myself will be meeting Monday morning to finalize our Location for the event among other things.

Have a good weekend and I hope to see some of you at Don's this weekend

W

The Royal Sun is a great Venue to have an Event. Smaller close to everything in Palm Springs with a great view of the surrounding mountains.

A small breakdown below with more information to come:
:Breakfast included
:Free WiFi
:No Smoking in Rooms or Pool Area. (Parking Lot Only)
:No Pet's

This Hotel Has 27 Pool view rooms and 9 sneak-peep pool view rooms (front door,not patio faces the pool)
most rooms have a mountain view. Also 4 Suites. (2 Kings with Jacuzzis and 2 Queens,with pull out bed and kitchen)

Packages will be released mid-July and it truly is first-come-first-served for poolside.
This is your chance for Pool Side, since it is a one time event this is your chance to get front row.

Entertainment will be released before sales date.

We will have vendors on grounds. Vendors Need to stay on grounds to have a chance to vend.

Please trust that we will give you the best possible product possible at the rate we will be charging. We will be controlling the price to give you a deal that will be less then Caliente but slightly more then Mojave.

Palm Springs was a bigger risk because of us having to buy out a hotel,which has a larger cost then taking on the Mojave location,but trust you will not be disappointed.

The day we go public we will have a special rate for booking and pre-buying your event mug.

This is our home for Friday and Saturday. Vending will be Friday/Saturday. We will have full access to the pool area all night (be respectful to the surrounding rooms)
Room parties (Official) till Midnight.

If you are interested in pool side please make sure you spruce it up, we may pre-release a room or 2 IF you will be part of the Crawl. Also the same with the Suites. The Suites are non-view but perfect for a larger gathering. These rooms should be for someone who is interested in having a Crawl or Party.

Please keep an eye out for new information and thank you for your votes.

Sunday check out is Noon.

Rory "WILDSVILLE MAN" Snyder

http://www.tiki-caliente.com/

[ Edited by: Wildsville man 2012-06-05 10:13 ]

[ Edited by: Wildsville man 2012-06-05 10:24 ]

B

On 2012-05-30 14:37, Queen Kamehameha wrote:
Also, did want to add one thing about Mojave. We do have the off site rough house Ranch, Taboo Cove and Others stayed there during Mojave Oasis II. So it is a room with Air and Shared bath for every 3 rooms,its nice, but it is offsite a 1/2 mile or mile. This is not anything but an extra option if you are already thinking about Mojave. Amy
[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2012-05-30 14:44 ]

The vote is over now, but to clarify, the Ranch is actually 5 miles down the road. HOWEVER, I stayed there last time and it was great! I love camping, but sometimes you want a comfortable bed and air conditioning. Highly recommended next time Tiki is in Mojave. Bill

T
TNT posted on Tue, Jun 5, 2012 11:17 AM

We are looking forward to this - especially since we missed TikiCaliente this year.

RD

On 2012-06-05 11:17, TNT wrote:
We are looking forward to this - especially since we missed TikiCaliente this year.

Ditto. Some people have already told me that I have been doing somethings that are taboo.

Palm Springs!? I demand a recount! :lol:

Looks like a great place for a party Rory, hope to see you there :)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 236 replies