Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Unknown Tiki Salt & Pepper

Pages: 1 16 replies

T

Going through some storage totes and found these. There are no markings, labels and or stamp on the porcelain.
Each Tiki is 5" tall and 2" round. Made of a light porcelain or ceramic.

Anyone see these before...

Thanks and happy tiki hunting!

OMG! this is gonna get good.

Nice "TIKI FIND" tikima! Similar to other s&p shakers found in the 524 pages of other "TIKI FINDS"!

On 2012-05-30 18:22, Bongo Bungalow wrote:
Similar to other s&p shakers found in the 524 pages of other "TIKI FINDS"!

Maybe after 1.9 million views this will be realized.

We really need to get some help from the Tiki Central moderators at this point. Every day it is one new thread after another for every single Tiki object found.

What happened to the message that used to pop up saying that Tiki Central has over 11,000 different threads, use the search function before posting?

Not trying to dis Tikima, but this has got to stop. Lets all post to Tiki Finds, or Tiki Salt and Pepper Shakers, or Crypto Tiki Mugs, or Tiki lamps, or Tiki Matchbooks, or Witco, or ... one of the other 11,000 threads that already has a subject started on your great find.

DC

Oh DC...you ask so much of people...wait I am going to go start another thread. I will be back.....

H

On 2012-05-30 19:01, Dustycajun wrote:

What happened to the message that used to pop up saying that Tiki Central has over 11,000 different threads, use the search function before posting?

DC

Good question. I'll see what I can find out.

S

DC

Using the search function means you have to do some reading and people just don't have the time for things like that. :D I mean who wants their post to go unnoticed in an existing thread when you can start a new one all about 'you'.

There was a post added recently from a member who was certainly not a newbie which had something to do with Moai's. When another member questioned why they didn't use the search feature, the response was that they did but didn't see the one they should/could have put it in. And yet when i typed in Moai myself, there it was, one of the first topics to pop up.

I won't name them, but there is another member who only posts when they want to promote the sale of their work and instead of editing and updating their first one, a new thread is started saying the exact same thing. They have never commented on any other thing here on TC.

[ Edited by: swizzle 2012-05-30 21:00 ]

Speak the truth Swizzle! On top of all the Collecting Tiki rampant LOOK AT ME topics are the individual posts for each thing someone has made or wants to sell.

I don't get it but I am glad others find it just as annoying.

[ Edited by: SandraDee 2012-05-31 00:09 ]

I agree that many of these unneeded posts are "look what I found, made or selling" and can be added to an ext'ng thread. This one looks more like someone not looking to learn something about the item but hey what is this worth? In less that 2 mins I found the above shakers on OM. not much info listed there but they are there none the less. I guess there is nothing wrong with someone wanting to know if they have something of value but I wish they would just ask the question in an honest way.

H

On 2012-05-30 20:25, Hakalugi wrote:

DC

Good question. I'll see what I can find out.

A ha! That message only pops up when the user has 25 or less posts or is not logged in. Sooooo... Tikima IS seeing that message but unfortunately is not getting the message. Maybe he/she (and some others) will now?

The full message is something like this:

**Tiki Central has over 11,000 topics!

Before posting, please use our Search page.

Your post probably fits best in an existing topic instead of a new one. You can post a new topic If you're confident your topic has not already been discussed.

Thank You!

This message does not appear if you are logged in and have over 25 posts.**

T

I apologies to the forum and all the contributors, for my lack of discretion. I will do my best to research the forum better in the future. I enjoy this forum and will do better to make sure, on my end there are no repeats. I was to quick to post and did not take the time search.

Thank you all.

Thanks Tikima

You only did the same thing here
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=42895&forum=5&2
and here

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=42917&forum=5&0
and here
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=42862&forum=5&4
and here
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=41243&forum=5&vpost=607954
and here
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=41270&forum=5&vpost=608273
and here
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=42297&forum=5&vpost=625526

so yeah, use the SEARCH function and post in the TIKI FINDS thread your tiki item(s) you find. If you find something amazing someone will still comment on it posted in the TIKI FINDS thread....thats how it has 1.8+ million views because its viewed by everyone (it seems) on a constant basis. Mahalo!

[ Edited by: SandraDee 2012-05-31 10:27 ]

Now, Now folks you made your point...........But if TIKIMA (She?) does it again
then we can Tattoo, Then whip, Then burn, Then hang, Then dress in funny clothes, Then feed 7 day old Birthday cake to
Then use permanent markers to write profanity on (Her? His?) face, Then release a pregnant Mountain Lion into (Her?) bathroom
OK, I think we are good here.......Now we dance!

NOW , WHO WOULD LIKE A COOKIE?

M

MMMMMM Cookies.....shaped like little cannibals....with sprinkles

Mahalo!

McTiki

OGR

David, Given your prolific hunting ability, I'm sure they are Witco cookies. OGR

Pages: 1 16 replies