Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Official Okolemaluna Tiki Mug now available: by Gecko & Squid

Pages: 1 15 replies

B
Brice posted on Tue, Jun 5, 2012 1:21 PM

They said it couldn't be done...

But Gecko and Squid made it happen -- and made it perfect. This gorgeous piece from South Sea Arts, designed by the one-and-only Gecko and sculpted by Squid himself, represents their first production collaboration for a bar/restaurant. This edition has a glowing red glaze mixed with a matte brown rope motif. You won't believe the details on this sculpt. It's also a biggie, with about a 22 oz. capacity. Top lid with straw hole fits perfectly.

Check out photos below, and order yours through our website: http://okolemalunalounge.com/store.html

Mahalo!

T

Awesome design!

AT

On 2012-06-05 13:21, Brice wrote:
They said it couldn't be done...

Tiki Farm did a version of this a while back ...

But Gecko and Squid made it happen -- and made it perfect.

I'm stoked to own both of these, what a great concept for a tiki mug !!!
In my opinion a side by side comparison shows a vast difference in the artistic interpretation and quality of the final product.

L

In my opinion a side by side comparison shows a vast difference in the artistic interpretation and quality of the final product.

Indeed, well put!

Brice, Sent you a PM concerning this mug, which I received today.

T

The Tiki gods are not smiling. :(

PM sent...

I see that I wasn't the only one that this happened to. The shipping box is too small for this mug. Waiting to hear back from Brice.

AT

Also looks like Rum Demon did a Glass Float mug in an edition of 100 pieces
photo credit to ebtiki / eab21 -- Mahalo for letting me know these are out there !!

http://www.ooga-mooga.com/cgi-bin/all/mug.cgi?mode=view&mug_id=3402

I might get one of these to set up next to the others for comparison, from the pictures I would have to say it appears to be a better version than the Tiki Farm mug and close to what Gecko & Squid have put together.
So devastating to see the damaged mugs, I hope this isn't an epidemic and that the Tiki lovers out there can enjoy having this beauty in their huts and hands.

L

On 2012-06-08 17:40, TikiTech wrote:
The Tiki gods are not smiling. :(

PM sent...

I'm suddenly dreading the arrival of mine...but hoping for the best!

KS

Mine arrived safely and I usually have trouble... : D

B

Yes, unfortunately a few mugs were damaged by USPS during shipping, but rest assured we are in communication with all buyers affected, and replacements are going out to those people this week.

We have adjusted our packaging and shipping methods so this won't happen again. We look forward to getting more of these beauties in TC'ers hands (and on their mug shelves!) in the days to come.

On 2012-06-09 13:36, Alii Tiki wrote:
Also looks like Rum Demon did a Glass Float mug in an edition of 100 pieces
photo credit to ebtiki / eab21 -- Mahalo for letting me know these are out there !!

http://www.ooga-mooga.com/cgi-bin/all/mug.cgi?mode=view&mug_id=3402

I might get one of these to set up next to the others for comparison, from the pictures I would have to say it appears to be a better version than the Tiki Farm mug and close to what Gecko & Squid have put together.
So devastating to see the damaged mugs, I hope this isn't an epidemic and that the Tiki lovers out there can enjoy having this beauty in their huts and hands.

I've one of these Rum demon mugs in green and it's amazing. I think I'll have to buy one of the Gecko/Squid ones now!

AT

I've looked over these for a few days and tried to figure out what "makes the mug work" for me, my conclusion = the rope work.
I'll include an exaggerated comparison to illustrate the now apparent difference.

vs

The Rum Demon mug and Gecko/Squid mug collaboration take the cake in a cinch regarding this key feature, otherwise a ceramic sphere is just a ceramic sphere.

M

LOL

V

I was lucky enough to be able to pick one of these up in person at Okolemaluna last week - and it is a STELLAR mug! As mentioned above, the ropes are beautiful, and they really pop against the deep candy red of the globe. A top notch mug by top notch artists from a top notch bar!

Here is my new treasure resting in the Cabinet-O-Wonders:

Henrik "VanTiki"

B
Brice posted on Mon, Aug 27, 2012 8:46 AM

It's time for a SECRET TC MUG SALE

From now through Labor Day, our amazing custom Gecko/Squid fishing float mug is on sale for just $25 plus $15 for USPS Priority Shipping. PLUS -- one lucky customer this weekend will have his/her regular mug order swapped out with a SIGNED mug, 1 of 6 by Gecko himself.

To get this secret deal, bypass the Okolemaluna online gift shop and send $40 PayPal directly to [email protected].

Remember, act now because this offer expires 9/4.

Pages: 1 15 replies