Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

anyone know anything about this?

Pages: 1 5 replies

Been awhile since I posted here.... I recently found this mug/pot/planter. I've never seen another in the 15 years that Ive been collecting. I've searched here, google, etc and can't find another.
Its not home made.... It way to good for that. It made from Lava Rock and is heavy. The hula girls face looks similiar to the coco joes hula girl.
On the bottom edge is carved.." Made in hawaii rock in lava love pot"

Thanks for any info... :)

Aloha,

Seen one like it, and also one with Tiki by the same company at a past collector show. Booth was asking $30, so I didn't plunk down. I think House of Ku has one. Ask Freddie.

HOK

I have that one and a few others that I think is from
the same company...They seem to be for potted plants :)

The one on the left has three tiki's around the outside
and the other two were finished in red paint?
I also think they used crushed a'a lava, light and very
brittle and probably mixed with a clear binder,then poured
into a mold. Probably from the 70's. Nice find!
Freddie

It's a cup for eating monkey brain

S

I suppose that's the first "tiki" thing I ever collected. I think I got it in a thrift store in 1983. Not as a Hawaii thing, but an interesting item. Managed to hang onto it until today. It is in the bar now.

Mine is not as detailed as yours. It was years before I noticed it said Hawaii on the side.

Don't put a plant in it unless you keep it outside. It does not hold water!

Thanks everyone for the info. Planter makes sense..especially since it says "love pot" on the side.
I find stuff on a regular basis, but this is my favorite piece that I've found lately....

Pages: 1 5 replies